Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DNA - Court Ordered

Options
  • 04-02-2011 1:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Im a single mum and my childs father has never been involved.
    When his family found out about the situation I know he started completely denying he was the father. I don’t want money from him.. Just its difficult having him paint me the way he has.
    I want my child to have hard evidence of who his ‘dad’ is and let there be no way for him to continue denying the fact.

Anyway, can I get a simple Court Order for him to take a DNA test, without applying for maintenance etc..??
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Short answer is no.

Some kind of proceedings need to be issued before and application for DNA can be made, be it a maintenance application by your or perhaps guardianship, custody or access by him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Don't know why you wouldn't want him to pay up. Even if it's just a small amount per week that you can put towards future education costs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 370 ✭✭bath handle

You can bring a paternity suit without appl
    ying for maintenance. The court will order tests after the proceedings commence.it is done on a family law civil bill in the circuit court.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lite

Thanks for ur response...
    About the paternity suit, I was looking around online for info on it but there doesn’t seem to be any irish cases. Do u know if I can actually be done here..?

Yes it can. Family law proceedings are held in camera so there would not be much on line.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Jo King

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

The reason for my post saying no was that as the OP was not inclined to even go for maintenance in the first place (which would more likely be taken in the District Court) I doubt they'd want to go to the expense of going to the Circuit Court for a paternity order test.

Pathetic! Why did you not either(a) admit you did not know or say nothing or say(b) tell the o\p what her options were and let her make up her own mind about the expense rather than arrogant assuming you knew what was best for her and that it was better to keep her in ignorance?

Advertisement