Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US hit by severe weather

Options
  • 03-02-2011 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

anyone watchin it on sky news ? press red button ;)

10 000 flights cancalled across the country in 2 days
    2 feet of snow in one day
    roofs on buildings collapsing

there even using snowmobiles on the streets :eek: crazy stuff.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Friend of mine near Chicago stuck some pics on facebook and it looks amazing, the snow is waist high with some massive drifts. One of their worst storms in living memory apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

A friend of mine in Michigan was making me jealous with the photos of her dog playing in the snow. She said it's the most snow she has ever seen- where she's from they are used to seeing a lot of snow during winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

thats mad , they must really have got buried with snow this time round twards normal winters so...

hopefully more on the way for us....

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭morticia2

Snow in Mexico and El Paso, which has been the coldest ever in 120 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

The Superbowl is being held in Arlington, North Texas, near Dallas, where last week it was 23 degrees. This week, schools in the area have been closed four straight days, with temps as low as -11. They had an ice storm and about a foot of snow. Fortunately, the Jerry Jones Egostadium has a retractable roof, so the game won't be disrupted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Pherekydes wrote: »
    The Superbowl is being held in Arlington, North Texas, near Dallas, where last week it was 23 degrees. This week, schools in the area have been closed four straight days, with temps as low as -11. They had an ice storm and about a foot of snow. Fortunately, the Jerry Jones Egostadium has a retractable roof, so the game won't be disrupted.

Don't you mean UNfortunately??!! I just can't stand American Football..... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

Su Campu wrote: »
    Don't you mean UNfortunately??!! I just can't stand American Football..... :rolleyes:

lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Su Campu wrote: »

Nah, I was speaking for myself, and possibly the many other fans who like Football.

Advertisement