Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best dublin clleges to study ACCA F1,F2 and F3 in?

Options
  • 03-02-2011 9:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,

I'm hoping to start studying for the ACCAs. I'm coming from an IT background so get no exemptions. Could someone please let me know their opinions on the best Dublin college to study F1,F2 and F3 in please?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 bridmwhite@gmai

These exams are very very easy. I'd advise self study and save your tuition payments for some of the more difficult exams, such as F7 and the P level exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Billy Davey

Just wanted to revive this thread and ask if people think it would be worth paying €245 per subject for F1 F2 and F3, through BPPs online live classroom option.

Are these exams quite basic? I have a degree in Engineering and did Accountancy for Leaving Cert. Would I find them easy enough?

I liked the idea of the online live lectures cause it gives some structure to your study pattern. I also wanted to get a good grounding in the ACCA subjects. If I do F1-F3 thoroughly and study all the material well (rather than just doing enough to pass), will this benefit me in the later subjects?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 m.anna

I did all 3 last November / December via long distance learning from BPP. Passed them all with good scores. Looking back it would be same if I bought books only instead of booking long distance learning, cheaper. Just do as many past papers as possible. Good thing about them is that you can book CBE at anytime, so you're not stuck with set dates as for all the other exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Hi All.

Sorry to dig up an old thread, I'm looking to purchase the books and study materials for F1,F2,F3 Could someone point me in the right direction.

I'm going to home study outside of my 9-5,I'm in IT with very little business experience, junior cert only but work with numbers on a daily basis.

Any help appreciated.

Hi All.

Sorry to dig up an old thread, I'm looking to purchase the books and study materials for F1,F2,F3 Could someone point me in the right direction.

I'm going to home study outside of my 9-5,I'm in IT with very little business experience, junior cert only but work with numbers on a daily basis.

Any help appreciated.

Buy online from BPP. THey have full sets for study and practice & revision kit.
    Good luck :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

m.anna wrote: »
    Buy online from BPP. THey have full sets for study and practice & revision kit.
    Good luck :)

HI m.anna thanks for your help, just a quick question.

Would you recommend the paperbacks or the ebooks, does anyone know if you can bypass the 15% print allowance, seems **** I pay for an ebook and can only print 15% of the pages.

HI m.anna thanks for your help, just a quick question.

Would you recommend the paperbacks or the ebooks, does anyone know if you can bypass the 15% print allowance, seems **** I pay for an ebook and can only print 15% of the pages.

I personally prefer paparbacks. If you get ebook you can print out only 15% of the content.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

Try book depository for the BPP books.

Free p&p and sometimes a little cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭JaneeMack

F1,2, and 3 are the easiest ACCA exams and you seriously don't need to cough up loads of money to study these materials. I'd say, take a distance learning course or maybe take F3 course cuz it will give you a good foundation for further studies.

I come from arts background and studied passed all three in one sitting while working full-time in a completely irrelevant field. I took distance learning course from Griffith College which was a bit of a let-down to be honest but it was the cheapest option that I could find.

I think the London School of Business or something like that has online video lectures and you might find them helpful as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 AliPaleface

I studied F1 in Independent Colleges, who were great for most other modules I sat but I wouldn't recommend it for F1. I would probably agree with the others on maybe doing distance learning or self study for the first three modules.

Most of the colleges offer a revision only option for most modules. They are usually half the price of the full tuition but give you great exam practice a couple of weeks before the exams (if you are taking the written exam). I would recommend these (again I did them in Independent Colleges on Dawson St). This might help if you are in anyway anxious about studying by yourself.

IBAT on the quays offer a home study with the ability to talk to lecturers or attend revision without huge fees. I have not studied there so I cannot comment on the lecturers but to me that seems like a great option.

• Advertisement
Advertisement