Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

First Time Buyer

Options
  • 03-02-2011 9:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hey guys. Will be looking to get my first car in a months or so time and am looking for a bit of friendly advice.

I'm thinking either a Ford Focus or Ford Fusion. I won't be doing a lot of driving for now, but come September I will prob be doing 300 or so miles a week (commuting from West Clare to Limerick) So ideally, I want to get a diesel to help keep costs down. What would be the maximum mileage I should considerer when buying a second hand car? Most diesel's in my price range seem to have high mileage (80k +)

Have a budget of around 3500. Because of insurance don't really want to go over 1.4 mark engine wise. Are there any other cars you would recommend? Or if anyone has any suggestions on an economical petrol car I'm all ears.

Thanks for the help and if I said anything stupid, be gentle, I'm a newbie to these things :o

Comments

Advertisement