Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have we class next Thursday & Friday?

• 03-02-2011 8:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭

Looking for clarification.
    Seems that due to:
    1. Rag Day on Thursday

and

2. External examiners are on site, Thursday & Friday, ....

..... we don't actually have any classes on next Thursday & Friday, 10th & 11th.

Is this right?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

So I'm told.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Seriously? Sweet!

We never usually have time off for rag day/week though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

I think its more to do with the external examiners being on campus. Usually all staff have meetings etc when they do.

However, until official word is released lets hold off getting excited. dont want anyone thinking they can go get drunk on rag day...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

The story with rag day is usually that classes are scheduled as normal but nobody shows up so its basically a day off. The rest of the week is class as normal.

As for Friday, I've heard nothing, usually exams are corrected during the holidays so it doesnt affect us so I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Would be sweet to have both days off though

Consultation day will follow probably the following week and assuming you've passed your exams thats another day off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

We where told that our classes would go ahead on friday until we are told otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

Both of my friday lecturers have said they will be busy with the exam board, and lectures/practicals are scrubbed.

Still un-clear about thursday, but an email will be sent out next week to clarify the position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

hi everyone i believe we are off on thurs and fri , thats what my lecturers said today anyway, so getting drunk sounds like a plan. anyway can you all help me out by clicking on the link below and voting for me on the actimel challange competition its for €10000 and i could really use the money as the crap government keep stealing our student grants, i got derdrie from the students union to send a mail around to everyone on the lyit mail and everyone can vote once a day so all votes are welcome. cheers all

<snip>

john, i removed the link.

We do not allow this type of advertising on boards.ie.

However, if it has an academic nature, say if its a survey to do with a thesis etc then i will allow it. However, since this does not appear to be related to your studies then i wont allow the link to be posted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Anyone know the story with Friday yet? None of our lecturers seem to knows happening

Our class has Thursday off but I think its just a case that nobody's going to show up as opposed to there actually being no lectures!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

Yeah, my lecturers also said that Thursday is business as normal for them, but usually, no students show up, so no class happens!

As for Friday, I only have two lectures (computing), and both lecturers have said they will be busy with the Exam Board stuff, so no classes for us!

I'm not going to go in on Thursday. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

I think it depends when the lecturers have their meetings. I have a triple class on friday morn and the lecturer said that her meetings arent on at that time so we have class but we have no class on thursday.

• Advertisement
Advertisement