Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ipa

Options
  • 03-02-2011 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hi I was wondering could anyone help me with the IPA

The course im intersted in is Business IS

How does distance learning work, do they upload lectures ect on the internet?

Any advice would be great

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

jonevin wrote: »

Business IS ?

Ive done the Bachelor of business studies through the IPA. Basically they send you out the books at the start of the year and tell you that theres assignments in nov and feb and exams in april. From there then it is pretty much all up to you. There is seminars in dublin on the weekends 5 times throughout the year if you can make it there.
    The lecturers are pretty good in general and interesting. Distance Education is tough though and you need to be disiplined.
    Good substitute to full time education though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

jonevin wrote: »

I completed a degree in business studies and a post-graduate diploma in public management with the IPA. Like the other poster, I had a similar experience. The seminars are very good and the lecturers are very good. You are given all the materials up front. One other thing that we were encouraged to do was form study groups with people who were in the same location. As was mentioned already, the key to distance learning is discipline.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Dobedo

Hi,

I've just began a similar course with IPA. But I'm finding it frustrating; none of the lectures log on to Moodle. And no email contacts were given.

I would of expected I'd be able to contact a lecturer, if I had any questions between seminars.

Was your experience similar or should I expect the lecturers to be logging on to Moodle, it is mainly just for students?

Thanks.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

I found our lecturers did not use moodle much - moodle was more a resource I used for the lecture slides from the seminars, exam papers and such.
    Our lecturers supplied us with email address however.
    Their email addresses are all in the format <firstinitial><surname>@ipa.ie if that helps.

Advertisement