Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon leather Kindle cover - free upgrade

Options
  • 03-02-2011 7:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

I got a Kindle last year and bought the Amazon leather cover to go with it - not the lighted one but the the cheaper £29.99 one. My Kindle had a few problems with the screen freezing and when I searched online I saw a forum where it was explained that the leather non-lighted covers were causing problems with some Kindles.

I rang Amazon and within a few hours had got a refund for the original cover price as well as a credit of £21 to allow me to buy the lighted leather cover - I now have £50 in my amazon account/back on my credit card and the woman I spoke said I didn't have to buy the lighted cover, I could do whatever I wanted with the money.

I told a couple of friends who had also bought the leather cover and they too received their refunds and credit notes. This is only applicable to the Amazon brand leather covers, they've since been taken off the market.

I bought my cover with a UK address, from the UK site, but I presume others would have done similar so hope this helps someone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Vim Fuego

I heard about this and fair play to amazon, good customer service. I don't understand how a cover could cause problems though?

I thought the official covers were a bit pricey so I went for this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Eco-Nique-Natural-6-inch-Amazon-Wireless/dp/B003ZUXVSK

Hasn't arrived yet mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Have had a few reboots of my kindle and was wondering if it was the cover. Didnt think it was as the tabs looked plastic but aparantly the metal ones look the same. Have just sent customer service and email. Will let you know how i get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I'd recommend the lighted cover. It is a little pricey but I've had no problems with it. It adds a little bulk but it is great for reading in dim places or just before you go to bed.

They already got back to me. They have refunded the price of the cover and have given a £21 promotional certificate on top. Don't have to return the original cover too which is fantastic.

Just purchased the lighted cover. Will reuse the other cover on my partners kindle.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

And pass the problems on to her? ;)

• Advertisement

Thargor wrote: »
    And pass the problems on to her? ;)

Sssssh, its a gift! I have found that it doesn't seem to reboot if you leave the bottom tab slightly out. Doesnt make much of a difference to the cover and works fine like that. It has only rebooted 3-4 times since i got the cover in December though so. Am quite happy to get a free upgrade all the same :)

Advertisement