Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

m50 Toll and how to avoid payment!

Options
  • 03-02-2011 6:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

So i travel over the toll quite often and used to get letters and letters about payment! Quite sickening and annoying.

So as i was driving one day i decided to tailgate a large lorry quite closely behind it (dangerous, i know) until i passed the cameras that take your regestration. I decided instead of paying i would wait to see if payment letter would come...it didnt, infact i havent had a letter in 2 months. And i travel over it quite a reasonable amount weekly.

Let me know if anyone else has tried this.

G

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

fffffuuuuuuuuuuuu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

av8r10 wrote: »
    So i travel over the toll quite often and used to get letters and letters about payment! Quite sickening and annoying.

So as i was driving one day i decided to tailgate a large lorry quite closely behind it (dangerous, i know) until i passed the cameras that take your regestration. I decided instead of paying i would wait to see if payment letter would come...it didnt, infact i havent had a letter in 2 months. And i travel over it quite a reasonable amount weekly.

G

Yes I've heard of people doing this. Risking crashing in to a lorry is worth a couple of euro is it?!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I have driven through the m50 toll in my classic car about a dozen times and It hasnt picked it up once.
    too much class...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 av8r10

might be the registration plate or size, who knows??i just know i save myself nearly enough 4 a decent night out every2 weeks!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

haha some1 tried to do this on my bro when he was driving. Just as he got to the cameras he put the foot down and left a nice big gap for the camera to get his reg :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

sure just take off the front numberplate, will stop you getting speeding fines also!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭roosterman71

G

You should be banned for this nonsense. Firstly banned off the road because your obviously a menace, with no care to others, and secondly, banned from here for even admitting to doing such a stupid thing when driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭voteforpedro

whats you're reg? just out of curiosity:)

You should be banned for this nonsense. Firstly banned off the road because your obviously a menace, with no care to others, and secondly, banned from here for even admitting to doing such a stupid thing when driving.

in this economic climate i'll do watever possible to save a few bob! a menace??no! im a pilot and regular trips to the airport costs dolla dolla billz yo!

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭CosmicJay

Just as I had regained faith in humanity.

''So as i was driving one day i decided to tailgate a large lorry quite closely behind it (dangerous, i know)''

Oh dear its gone again. . .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭roosterman71

in this economic climate i'll do watever possible to save a few bob! a menace??no! im a pilot and regular trips to the airport costs dolla dolla billz yo!

A pilot!! Christ almighty. Ya'd think ya'd have more cop on. If you don't want to pay the toll, use an alternate route, or way of getting from a to b. Putting you, and others in danger for a couple of € is just scandalous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

Troll Airlines?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,147 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

i decided to tailgate a large lorry quite closely behind it (dangerous, i know) until i passed the cameras

It works great. I do it all the time. I never pay for my train tickets either, just climb out of the window and lay flat on the roof. If you're careful, you can hang under a LUAS too, but mind debris lying on the tracks!

listen wit half a bottle of bourbon in your system its hard to....

JK

but seriously i dont drive that close and never in the fast lane!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

A pilot you say?? Even if you are a junior FO working for the Ryans, you are still pulling in €5-6k a month!! Then you crib over €4 a day! Class A1 WXXKER!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

A pilot you say?? Even if you are a junior FO working for the Ryans, you are still pulling in €5-6k a month!! Then you crib over €4 a day! Class A1 WXXKER!!!!

who are the ryans

do you mean this people http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_International_Airlines

wat country are you living in? €6 a day, i dont think my honda does 30 euros worth of damage to the road a week mate....and you obv know nothing of ryanair wages! a junior officer after line training earns around 25-30k depending on experience. Read before you write you twat!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭Mr.David

wat country are you living in? €6 a day, i dont think my honda does 30 euros worth of damage to the road a week mate....and you obv know nothing of ryanair wages! a junior officer after line training earns around 25-30k depending on experience. Read before you write you twat!

The toll isnt there to cover 'damage'

How much you earn is your problem - if you dont want to pay then dont use it!

Oh, and easy on the personal abuse!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

To the OP - you sir are a spastick, yo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

Aye its a great way to avoid the toll

Did you know if you put hair spray on your number plate the speed cameras can't take an image of them ;)

Its another way to help you save money and time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,317 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

A safer idea, albeit illegal to use for this purpose might be a retractable front number plate but tbh you should just pay the toll

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

mickdw wrote: »
    A safer idea, albeit illegal to use for this purpose might be a retractable front number plate but tbh you should just pay the toll

No your tlaking - when I win the lotto, I am getting "james bond" revolving number plates made for my car.. no am I!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

In before he lock - how is this not closed down yet???
    Oh the poor impoverished pilots can't afford the tolls!!
    My heart bleeds.
    Really it does.

If you are that hard up buddy sell your car and take the bus.
    Please.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

I'm getting the ferry to the UK next time if this is the type of pilots employed....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

Funnily after being in the news a few months back this is still going on.

I saw it a week ago as I went to the airport. The guy driving his Golf about half a foot form the end of the truck in front looked like he had less brains than sense.

Still the Darwin award awaits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Class A1 WXXKER!!!!
    Read before you write you twat!
    To the OP - you sir are a spastick, yo.

This kind of posting isn't on in Motors, and won't be tolerated. Any more posts like this and there'll be infractions/bans as necessary.

Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement