Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

M50 toll - forgot to pay on time - is this normal?

Options
  • 03-02-2011 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭

I passed M50 tolled part twice on Saturday 29th January. It says clearly to pay until 8pm next day. I occasionally pass there, and I always paid on time.
    That time unluckily I forgot. I only recalled today that I didn't pay it yes (5 days later, 4 days after payment deadline) and I paid through their website (6 euros - two trips).
    Unfortunately it said that I have some outstanding unpaid journeys, so to make sure that today's payment will cover the Saturday journeys I rang them.
    I was told, that now I have to pay 6 euros extra, as the price goes up from 3 euros to 6 euros per each pass.
    That seems to be massive interest on unpaid fee, if over 4 days price goes up by 100%.

Is that real, or the guy over the hotline just wanted to make couple of bob on me?

I went through eflow website and FAQ and didn't find any info about late payments, and that they incur such massive penalties.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

yeah it goes from 3 to 6

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Yeah it's normal. It's once u miss the 8pm deadline the next day each pass costs €6. I forgot about it too only a few weeks back. It happens. If you fail to pay within so many days you get a bigger fine. Not sure how many days either but something like 28 is springing to mind. Cba checking site :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

bluewolf wrote: »
    yeah it goes from 3 to 6

Unbelievable.
    It looks like a pure rip off.

Is it stated somewhere in terms and conditions of m50 toll?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

CiniO wrote: »
    Unbelievable.
    It looks like a pure rip off.

Is it stated somewhere in terms and conditions of m50 toll?

http://www.eflow.ie/tolls/
    Penalties

To avoid any penalties, we strongly recommend that you register for an electronic tag or a video (number plate) account. These are the cheapest and easiest ways to pay the toll.

For unregistered users, if you don't pay your toll before 8pm on the day following your journey, a penalty of €3 is added to the outstanding amount.

If you fail to pay the toll and this €3 penalty within the next 14 days, a further penalty of €39.50 will be levied.

Failure to pay the full amount due within a further 56 days will result in an additional €98.50 penalty. Then if you still have not paid the total amount due, legal proceedings will be initiated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 av8r10

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

oh 14 days. Wondered why I thought 28. Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

i missed a payment for a couple of months...and ended up with a €120 bill!!..the nice man on the phone reduced it to €24 though....sweetcake!

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭ants09

Absurdum wrote: »

wonder does this apply S.I. No. 27/1995 European Communities (Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts) Regulations, 1995
    http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/1995/en/si/0027.html

be interested to know in a court of law ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

ants09 wrote: »
    wonder does this apply S.I. No. 27/1995 European Communities (Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts) Regulations, 1995
    http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/1995/en/si/0027.html

be interested to know in a court of law ?

That's what I was wondering as well.
    It's exactly like you got your ESB bill at 200euros, and if you forgot to pay it on time and was late couple of days, they asked you to pay 400euro instead. And then if unpaid for next 14 days, it would be 3000euros ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

yeah, they let the boot in.
    Welcome to public private partnership, putting the ire in Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Next time just put your life and others at risk by driving up the ass of a truck! :p

Advertisement