Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10% discount code for the Book Depository

Options
  • 03-02-2011 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

1. Go to: http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/nlxmas?a_aid=code
    2. Click on ‘Add to Basket’
    3. Choose whichever books you want
    4. On the basket/Checkout page enter code 'ACEIRE39' in the coupon box
    (note that the box to enter the code wont appear unless you have used the link above)
    5. Click ‘Apply Coupon’ and the discount amount will be displayed on screen.

(I copied this from another forum but I tried the code myself and it works)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Works! Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

Not seeing any "Add to basket" option.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭holidaygirl

Thanks for that was just about to put through an order and just said I double check here to see if there was a new code - love saving a few quid :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Brilliant I'm so taking advantage of this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭El Tarangu

boo, the link doesn't seem to be working anymore. And they claim to accept Maestro, but I tried to buy a book on my Laser (sans discount) and they kept rejecting it.

Grr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

link not working for me either but they do take laser as i use mine all the time:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

Thanks for that was just about to put through an order and just said I double check here to see if there was a new code - love saving a few quid :)

Where is the Add to basket button on in that link?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

the link the OP provided doesn't work, and there's no coupon box without it

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭LuckyMe63

This is a great site - I have got lots of books from them and they offer free delivery worldwide.
    Books always arrive in a timely manner

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Ghall

I ordered books from book depository last week and one of the books was €44 on www.bookdepository.co.uk but it was only €38 on www.bookdepository.com. It is worth checking the price on both site, as it is the same company. It was cheaper to ordered the book on the .com site which arrived in 2 days than to order it on the .co.uk site with the discount.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭colhickey

Don't forget the FatCheese cashback site for an additional 5% back (although it only redirects to the .co.uk site so make sure it is cheaper there first).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Ghall wrote: »
    I ordered books from book depository last week and one of the books was €44 on www.bookdepository.co.uk but it was only €38 on www.bookdepository.com. It is worth checking the price on both site, as it is the same company. It was cheaper to ordered the book on the .com site which arrived in 2 days than to order it on the .co.uk site with the discount.

Thanks a million for this. I order regularly from bookdepository.co.uk, never knew about .com . Order came to €16 instead of €18, so happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Alan666

Looks like theyve figured out the .com versus .co.uk thing. Now .com automatically diverts to the .co.uk :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭doxy

Alan666 wrote: »
    Looks like theyve figured out the .com versus .co.uk thing. Now .com automatically diverts to the .co.uk :(

I didn't realise books were cheaper at the .com! I can still get onto the .com site using hotspot shield (it's a free VPN). I just checked on a book I'm about to order and indeed it is cheaper at the .com site!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭petecork

Alan666 wrote: »

I find the first time I click on a .com link it redirects to .co.uk, but if I click the link a 2nd time it stays on the .com site (different price). actually any books I've bought have been cheaper on the .co.uk website

Examples:

Bob the Builder Annual on UK website

Bob the Builder Annual on US website

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Henrib

I was about to order 'Idiot Abroad' diary as a stocking filler from the .co.uk site at €4.43 but decided the check .com to see and it is €9.80 on there!! Also on another book I was looking at (too girly to name!) the .com site is more although only by .20c. I must be hexxed :(

Advertisement