Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Body Repair Courses

Options
  • 03-02-2011 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭

Hi Boarders.

just wondering if anybody knows of any courses for car body repair,like filling spraying, panel beating and such.
    i know there's an apprenticeship but that takes 3 yrs to get fully qualified and at nearly 28 yrs of age thats not looking like a good option for me.

cheers.

Comments

Spray painting and panel beating are also seperate trades since the late 70s I think so if you go time served it's one or the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Damokc

thanks I'll have a look on-line for something along those lines although I cant see many places having full-sized ovens to run spraying courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

I don't mean to sound like a dickhead but it's a 3 year apprenticeship for a reason, you're hardly going to be able to pick up the required skills on a 10 week course or the like.

I don't mean to sound like a dickhead but it's a 3 year apprenticeship for a reason, you're hardly going to be able to pick up the required skills on a 10 week course or the like.

I have previous experience with spraying (lacquering, i know its not the same but similar) and my current situation wouldn't really allow me to move to Waterford or Dublin to do the apprenticeship. I have looked into it and they are the only places were the course is run. and about your 3 yrs for a reason...its probably 3 yrs because its run by FÀS and the longer it runs the more they can get out of it. thanks for your comments anyway

RoverJames wrote: »
    Spray painting and panel beating are also seperate trades since the late 70s I think so if you go time served it's one or the other.

i have looked but cant find any of these courses separately anywhere, does anybody know of any? I know its not easy so i dont want one of those courses made up by some lad in a shed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement