Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car dealerships:Cash reduction

Options
  • 03-02-2011 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭

Simple question.

I have a budget of about 2-3k for a run around for the next year.
    If I see cars on the web for various different dealers how much of a cash discount realistically can i expect from the sale price.

ie- Car is on the web for 2995, i walk in with a wedge, what would they take?

Just a rough idea?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

It all depends on how keenly-priced the car is in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

You would probably get it for 2.5k. Dealers don't seem to be very negotiable with cars sold without warranty. They want their asking price or f off as I've been told by them over the years buying run abouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,157 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

On a budget of €2k/3k I would buy private over a dealer. You will get alot more car for your money on that budget by buying private. Generally cars in that price range from garages tend to be poor and come with the most basic of warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Thanks Folks

Advertisement