Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

heating problems in my citroen berlingo van

Options
  • 03-02-2011 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭

hey lads can i ask ye for some of yere advice ere.the heating in my van doesnt work and i dont know where to start or where to look.when i turn the dial it wont come on.now when i am driving u feel the heat and when i get to 60miles an hour lets say the heat is belting through.this is obviously the air going through the van thats pushing it through

i would like to get it workin poperly thou that i dont be needing to get up to speed to gain heat

so where do i start

do ye think its electrical

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭DirtyDiesels

sounds like the thermostat....cheap and easy enough to replace.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭sanbrafyffe

no i dont think its the thermostat because theres heat when im driving.is there a blower that mite not be working.when the vans in neutrel there no blowing sound
    sounds like the thermostat....cheap and easy enough to replace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

could be as simple as a fuse, have you checked them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Have you checked your coolant level? No heating at idle and then it working at higher revs is usually a sign of low coolant level or air in the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭DirtyDiesels

thermostat could still be sticking .....happened me on a jeep recently.
    while driving there was heat but when ticking over there was no heat output

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭black & white

Sounds like a Resistor pack which regulates the speed of the fan. Mine went ( Megane ) during the cold weather and my next door neighbour ( 406 ) also had the same problem. I could feel the heat trickling through but without a blower it felt really cold.

The part from a main dealer is around a ton and fitting depends on the make of car; Renault = difficult, Peugot = easy, Citroen = ?

Advertisement