Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short lead - aprx 1 ft long

Options
  • 03-02-2011 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭

On the lookout for one of these.. Its for a GSD and have checked ZP to no avail, anyone know where i could get one? Prefer nylon to chain. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,024 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Not sure if this would suit with the weird handle- and yes I confess to browsing on amazon for toys lol!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Eemia

tk123 wrote: »
    Not sure if this would suit with the weird handle- and yes I confess to browsing on amazon for toys lol!! :D

Thanks but no thanks :)

Just basically want a normal nylon lead just shorter iykwim?

Cheers though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

They do several leads, I have a few and think they're great (so far).
    A other-handle version of the above would be the Mongrel Neo, like this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/EzyDog-Mongrel-Neo-Leash-Chocolate/dp/B00393QPPO/ref=sr_1_33?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1296730741&sr=1-33

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

Petworld in Galway sell training leads, nylon ones in two different lenghts. Maybe give them a buzz, not sure where you are based though.

Sorry your in waterford, maybe they can post it to you?

This is them http://www.petworlddirect.ie/product/Dogs/DogCollarsLeadsHarnesses/DogTraining/6234615

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭dillodaffs

i have a really short lead, its prob just over a foot long. i bought it by mistake, i thought it was longer. i dont want it, could post on to you if you want it? It was only €2, not an expensive piece of kit!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Bog Bunny

Eemia wrote: »
    On the lookout for one of these.. Its for a GSD and have checked ZP to no avail, anyone know where i could get one? Prefer nylon to chain. Thanks!

Take a nylon lead with the right size of eye hook for a GSD and shorten it yourself to whatever length you want. Sew a new loop for the handle. It's easy with a good strong needle and saddler's yarn.

A question though; why do you want such a short lead?

RubyGirl wrote: »

Thanks 20ft lenght is all i can see which is 19ft too long :p
    dillodaffs wrote: »
    i have a really short lead, its prob just over a foot long. i bought it by mistake, i thought it was longer. i dont want it, could post on to you if you want it? It was only €2, not an expensive piece of kit!

Thats very generous of you but id much rather pay you for it? Thanks!!
    Bog Bunny wrote: »
    Take a nylon lead with the right size of eye hook for a GSD and shorten it yourself to whatever length you want. Sew a new loop for the handle. It's easy with a good strong needle and saddler's yarn.

A question though; why do you want such a short lead?

Thanks for your suggestion.. No reason as such really, personal opinion and all that..

• Registered Users Posts: 21 sarahw7

Hi there,

I bought a 1ft nylon lead in the pet shop in the M7 business park in Naas a few months back. Can't think of the name of the shop now...

I also bought one last week in the Arboretum Garden Centre just outside Carlow town, it was really sturdy and just what i needed for my Siberian Husky!

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭CreedonsDogDayc

Hiya,

I sell these in my shop, i think they're amazing! Maybe your local pet shop could order one in for you?

http://www.patentopet.com/home/index.php?vlink=57

sarahw7 wrote: »
    I also bought one last week in the Arboretum Garden Centre just outside Carlow town, it was really sturdy and just what i needed for my Siberian Husky!

Thanks you are a star, hopefully someone be passing here and can get it for me!
    Hiya,

I sell these in my shop, i think they're amazing! Maybe your local pet shop could order one in for you?

Now thats a brilliant idea, i love it! Never saw anything like that available in ireland though. Only thing i know you can get is a collar and lead seperate! Thanks :D

• Advertisement

Eemia where are you based? I know they have them in my local petstop too, but they're quite expensive there.

They're so so handy. I have two huskys and theyre never allowed off lead so it was awkward just getting them in and out of the van, having to find their leads, put them on / off etc. but now they have these collars and its so much handier!

I am in Waterford. What kind of money are they in your local?

Yeah they look very handy alright that way! Great idea..

I have them for 17, and i think they're 27 or 29 in petstop.

PM sent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Bog Bunny

Hiya,

I browsed the site, mostly good products. However, the hands-free yoke looks like a bad idea with potentially dire consequences when used. While it may be fine to fix a small dog to it I would never, ever attempt to go jogging or even for a walk with a dog the size of a Lab, GSD or bigger/stronger.
    Just imagine the dog getting spooked suddenly and bolting with full force. What will happen to me then? I'd either fall flat on my face and be dragged along or my shoulder gets dislocated or my wrist broken. The wrist is not made for holding on to something - it's the interaction of your hand and arm muscles that give grip and strength.
    If the dog bolts into the line of traffic it can outright be lethal.

Even if a small dog is attached to it, just imagine an attack on the little dog by another dog. The owner is inseparably shackled to his pooch, cannot properly interfere and may get mauled as well.
    Children should certainly not be allowed to use one of these, even when in the prersence of adults.

While it is important to have control over your dog when out in public by ways of a lead, it is vitally important to quickly let go of the lead in the above scenarios. If a dog bolts into traffic he has a better chance to dodge the cars when free than when dragging a human after him.

Verdict; the Hands-Free lead is a daft product. How this could have been patented is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭babystrawberry

http://www.innerwolf.co.uk/gbu0-prodshow/EzyDog_Mongrel_Leash.html

that might be of some use to you. I have used this website before after it was recommended to me, have found them to be very reasonable price wise and items are despatched tht day/next day when in stock (should an item not be in stock the site does not allow you place the order until the item is in stock)

That lead i have added the link to is 12" and can be extnded a further 24" should you buy the extension leads ( have one of these for the 'Walky Dog' and find their leads to be very good. I tdoesnt say it in the ad but the leads are a heavy duty nylon material.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭deadlast

Lidl Petstop in Westend retail pk, blanchardstown have very short leads.

:) Thanks everyone for yer replies

Advertisement