Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heathrow Accommodation

Options
  • 03-02-2011 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

Hi, I am moving to Heathrow at the weekend. I'm looking for a one bed flat. I have been looking online on Gumtree, findaproperty.com and rightmove.co.uk but anything I email about seems to be gone already.

Anyone know of anywhere else I can try? I'm starting to get a bit worried about finding something when I get there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

kevinmcc wrote: »
    Hi, I am moving to Heathrow at the weekend. I'm looking for a one bed flat. I have been looking online on Gumtree, findaproperty.com and rightmove.co.uk but anything I email about seems to be gone already.

Anyone know of anywhere else I can try? I'm starting to get a bit worried about finding something when I get there.

What areas have you been looking at , there is a good night bus service in London so you don't need to be to close to Heathrow

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭kevinmcc

I've so far looked at Hounslow, Slough, West Drayton, Staines, Hayes. I have some early starts - 5am, so would rather not be too far from the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

kevinmcc wrote: »
    I've so far looked at Hounslow, Slough, West Drayton, Staines, Hayes. I have some early starts - 5am, so would rather not be too far from the airport.

Have you looked around on Pprune.

The following is a link to the N9 bus route which is very regular and at that hour of morning very quick

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Country lane

How about sorting out a b&b for the first couple of weeks till you get yourself sorted? I would imagine you could even negotiate the rate down if you took it for more than a few nights. Just seen this website - http://www.bedandbreakfasts.co.uk/propertysearch.asp?query=TW4

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

Hounslow is a horrible place to live

Feltham is near Heathrow, but also not that nice.
    Sunbury is also near Heathrow, its a little nicer than Feltham.

Ashford is quite nice, you should look there for places.

Try http://www.moveflat.com/ for flats to rent

• Advertisement
Advertisement