Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Halfords 20% off ALL Mobil & Mobil 1 Fully and Part-Synthetic 5L Oils

Options
  • 03-02-2011 10:15am
    Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Bit of cross posting (I put it it Bargain Alerts also), but I thought it was worth a post.

Link

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,293 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I use the Mobil 1 ESP 5w/30 which meets the longlife spec for my car. €52 is a bargain given that it also a proper 5L can not like castrol with their 4L offerings.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Neilw

Same discount as the trade card gives on oil all the time, decent value there.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Cheers, i think i'll pick some up tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

mickdw wrote: »
    I use the Mobil 1 ESP 5w/30 which meets the longlife spec for my car. €52 is a bargain given that it also a proper 5L can not like castrol with their 4L offerings.

I've been doing oil changes on my Focus with 5w30 semi-synth Halfords own brand oil.

Would it be better to use this Mobil one despite it being fully synth? I read somewhere Ford have uprated their oil spec to use fully snyth or something?

Ush1 wrote: »
    I've been doing oil changes on my Focus with 5w30 semi-synth Halfords own brand oil.

Would it be better to use this Mobil one despite it being fully synth? I read somewhere Ford have uprated their oil spec to use fully snyth or something?

Ive no idea of the ford oil specs. There are mobil 1 semi synth oils too but im sure someone here will tell you what can be used in your car.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Thats supposed to be better than Castrol edge. I just purchased a 25l drum of Castrol 5w-30....:mad:

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Thats supposed to be better than Castrol edge. I just purchased a 25l drum of Castrol 5w-30....:mad:

As a matter of interest, how much did that cost ya? is it castrol edge

Advertisement