Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fish abuse...

Options
  • 02-02-2011 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭

I'm a student in a certain midlands college and witnessed abuse today... That guy who was on britians got talent who could swallow things and bring them back up was performing in the college today and as part of his act he swallowed 2 live goldfish and brought them back up. I watched it because I found the rest of the show entertaining but this was just sickening to watch. Many people's attitudes were 'oh its just a fish it has a 2 second memory and was alive when he brought it back'. Sure it was alive but due to that stress I'll bet any money that fish is dead right now. Its just wrong and horrible, like the show was so entertaining, genuinely good without this abuse, it was just so horrific! Sorry for ranting but I just feel that it was so wrong, and people's attitudes towards this were even worse, grr angry!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Are you sure he actually swallowed them? :confused:

Pretty horrible if true, and I don't think the 2-second memory is true

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

That guy has been on the telly for years.. but I agree it is disgusting.

...unless it is an illusion. Can someone enlighten me?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I would presume it is some sort of illusion, would have to take an xray of the fella to be sure though! But he filled a wine glass with water, put 2 fish in them, drank the water and held the fish in his mouth for a while before 'swallowing' them, and after bringing them up put them back in a glass of water. He even asked the audience if they wanted the fish back dead or alive :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭jippers87

Firstly, two or three second memory is a myth I reckon!

Secondly I DESPISE the attitude of 'it's just a fish'. Just because the little guys don't have a voice, or a woof, or a meow to tell us something is wrong does NOT mean they don't feel distress or pain.

I've seen this guy and yep, he sure does swallow the little fishies :mad:

It amazes me what people will do for entertainment.

Next time he tries it, someone should offer him a chance to swallow a Stickleback! That would cause him pain and I bet he wouldn't do it!

The human race is a selfish one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

I hope it is some sort of an illusion (even if it was it still isin't very fair on the poor things to put them in his mouth). If he does actually swallow them how are the poor things still alive, your stomach is full of acid so even if it doesn't kill them it would seriously burn them. :mad:
    Shame on the sick human being. :mad: If he was swallowing a dog (aside from the actual physicalities of it) people would be up in arms, newspapers would be onto it but the attitude is it's just a goldfish. :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Goldfish actually have a 3 month memory span, and can recognise colours, shapes, and sounds (e.g voices, faces) and also, feel and remember pain.

Poor fishies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

That is disgusting :mad: It's still a living creature!

Swallowing and then bringing it back up that's horrible :( I hope to god that it's just an illusion!

Advertisement