Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCTV to tv

Options
  • 02-02-2011 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all i got myself a cctv camera it just has 2 wires coming out. 1 is power thats fine i gave that 12v via the transformer it came with. but the other wire is one of the push in and twist type male connections.

so i got a female connection to match put it on some coax cable, put an ordinary tyre coax plug on the other end of my piece of cable and stuck it in my tv. cannot tune it in? at one stage there was a really bad picture where you could just about see the outline of objects the camera was looking at. should this work?? or is it just a faulty camera connections etc?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

you'll need a scart or phono connector to connect it to the tv. If you tv does not have a scart you will need an rf modulator

• Registered Users Posts: 5 frank r

Jnealon wrote: »
    you'll need a scart or phono connector to connect it to the tv. If you tv does not have a scart you will need an rf modulator

yes i heard of the modulator alright and was actually thinking it might be that but didnt know what they actually do?

how would i connect a scart when i just have that push twist type plug coming out of the camera? some kind of adaptor? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

You need a BNC to scart type lead. Any CCTV wholesalers sell them, they're about ten euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 frank r

You need a BNC to scart type lead. Any CCTV wholesalers sell them, they're about ten euro.

thanks! so you don't think i need a moulator, i should have said im not going through a recorder just straight from camera to tv

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

You would need a modulator if you wanted to tune it onto a channel on the TV. This can be handy because you could potentially tune the camera into every tv in the house.
    To view on one tv the scart is what you want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

The camera will connect to the dvr and then you run cable from the monitor output of the dvr to the tv OR if you wand to feed it through the house connect it to the modulator. Labgear make a good modulator, google them for more info.
    You will still need a lead to go between the camera and the dvr or tv

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

if the op has a cable ran from the camera to the tv then he could terminate a bnc to the tv end and get a female bnc-phono plug and plug it into any of the yellow phono jacks on the back of the tv, or get an rca to scart adaptor.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

We have a modulator in the attic and it sends the camera views to all the tvs in the house.

Advertisement