Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best book for Tefl teaching?

Options
  • 02-02-2011 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

I'm hearing R.Murphy - English Grammer in Use is an excellent book.

At this stage I'm in the latter half of an online course and finding it rather tough as I generally learn more in a classroom or practical environment. Would this book help at this point?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Scrivener's Learning Teaching is good for more practical applications.

The Murphy book is one of the best and most popular grammar books out there but that's all it is - grammar book with exercises. It doesn't tell you have to teach grammar. Thornbury's How to Teach Grammar is good for this.

Hedge's Teaching and Learning in the Second Language Classroom is also an excellent book and provides lots of examples and extracts from various books and classrooms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 markcmc

Penny Ur's book 'Grammar Practice Activities' is one of the best books of grammar activities I've seen.

Advertisement