Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aberystwyth University (Wales)

Options
  • 02-02-2011 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭

Anyone studied here, plan to study here or know anyone who has?
    Aberystwyth University (Welsh: Prifysgol Aberystwyth; sometimes shortened to "Aber") is a university located in Aberystwyth, Wales. Aberystwyth was a founding Member Institution of the former federal University of Wales. As of late 2006, the University has over 12,000 students spread across seventeen academic departments.

The National Student Survey named Aberystwyth fifth in the UK in 2006 and tenth in 2007, for overall student satisfaction.[3][4][5] The Times Good University Guide 2008 ranked Aberystwyth joint first in the UK for student satisfaction. In the League table Aberystwyth is ranked 2nd in Wales after Cardiff University and 39th out of 113 institutions in the United Kingdom overall.[6] Aberystwyth was also short-listed for a best student experience award by the Times in 2007.[7]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Jim Stark

I was planning to study there, but then I decided I wouldn't apply to anywhere that I couldn't pronounce...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

It's pronounced "Aber-isth-with" (with the h slightly stressed). ;) I was too going to study there, intended on doing the PGCE but decided against it as I got offered a PhD in QUB instead. One of my friends did her PGCE here a couple of years ago, loved the place, great craic, really nice student town so it is. If I was to go to Wales, it'd probably be for either Aberystwyth or Cardiff.

Advertisement