Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading eMachines E627

Options
  • 02-02-2011 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I am trying to upgrade my eMachines E627, I have the model with 1GB Ram, AMD Athlon TF-20 Processor. Can anybody tell me how I can work out if certain processors, sound and graphics cards are compatible with this laptop? And if anybody has any advice on new components that would be greatly appreciated. Bear in mind I'm working on a very limited budget. Thanks all :D

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Your motherboard is a Socket S1 type, with support for up to 800mhz FSB. Meaning that 80% of AMDs cpus are compatible. BUT! the motherboards bios settings may not be able to support it. Probably locked down to less than a handful. Your battery power also needs to be taken into consideration.

Most DDR2 SO-DIMM RAM slots thats either 533/667mhz is compatible with your laptop. Your mobo supports 4GB max, so 2x2GB would work.

Think you need to go back to your manual and double check your specs, but you're limited CPU wise, not so much RAM wise :) Hope that helps

Advertisement