Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android Apps Distribution

Options
  • 02-02-2011 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hi,

Just finished developing an app for android and I want to send it to a few people before I upload it to market.

Whats the easiest way to do this?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Gargled wrote: »
    Hi,

Just finished developing an app for android and I want to send it to a few people before I upload it to market.

Whats the easiest way to do this?

Thanks

Host the APK file somewhere on the Internet then get them to type the URL into the device's browser, the APK will be downloaded, then they can click it and follow the on screen instructions to install it.

Second option is to send them the APK file and get them to put it on their SD card and use an APPs installer from the market to install your app.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Gargled

Getting a Parse Error with this. Even when installing from SD. The app is signed and everything

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Gargled wrote: »
    Getting a Parse Error with this. Even when installing from SD. The app is signed and everything

Want to send me the link and I'll try it on my device?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Gargled

Got it working thanks. Problem was downloading- over cable it was fine....

Now trying to put admob ads on the app. Not having much luck at the moment. Any experience?

Advertisement