Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a horse trainer/breaker

Options
  • 02-02-2011 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Within the next few months I will be sending my rising 3 year old filly for breaking in. She is a 14.2hh Arabian x Connemara and should make a great competition mare as her breeding is for show jumping. I have only sent a pony for breaking once before and the trainer rushed it which left me with a troubled pony. I have been given four names from two different people. If anyone has had experiences with these trainers good/bad please let me know!
    1.Mark Spillane, Tallow
    2.John Cashman, Tallow
    3.John Leahy, Fermoy area
    4.Simon Byrne, Fermoy area

I'm looking for a trainer not too far from east Cork but I will travel for a very good one. I know there is a good trainer in Tipperary, maybe near Cahir, who has an indoor arena etc and is an eventer himself but I cannot remember his name.
    Any help would be great! Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭ell

Olivia in west Limerick has done superb jobs on horses for friends. She is a bit of a legend with horses of all ages. www.ojshorses.com You'd want to check her availability, she may be booked up currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Buchailldana

Jonathan Cleary from Thurles- trains a lot of Grandprix showjumpers - best ive ever come across for bringing on youngsters. Very precise and exact. Wouldn't send horses to anyone else to be broken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭lulubell

ell wrote: »
    Olivia in west Limerick has done superb jobs on horses for friends. She is a bit of a legend with horses of all ages. www.ojshorses.com You'd want to check her availability, she may be booked up currently.

Used Olivia last yr, the stuff she does is totally amazing, highly recommended!!:)

Olivia Johnson. Kilmallock

Advertisement