Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boxer pup with swollen eye?

Options
  • 02-02-2011 3:09pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 44

Hey, new to the forum but i suppose this is as good a place as any to ask.

Every so often when we let our puppy out to the back garden, shes comes back in with a swollen eye. It only lasts for 20-25 minutes and it goes back to normal again. There is a cat out there, would it be possible that she is getting hit by the cat or could it be an allergic reaction to a plant or something out the back?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Probably an allergy given the short timeframe. A cat scratch would be obvious enough and wouldn't go away that quickly.

Keep an eye on her the next time she goes out, watch where she's sticking her head an what plants she's getting into.

Is the eye actually swelling or just going red and "crying"?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 44 Frecklefart90

The area around her eye is swelling, i have a pic but its not great

180135_199505670064852_100000162619972_878350_5143373_n.jpg

Its her left eye(right as you look at the picture)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Hard to see in the pic. As I say, best to watch her on her adventures and try to identify what's causing it. It could be as simple as her squeezing into a small space, or it could be an allergy which may cause problems with continued exposure.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Happened quite a bit to our boxer too when she was a pup, she rubbed herself on the tree's/bushes at the back of the garden, and is forever going underneath them exploring, when she came back in she sometimes had a few minor lumps and bumps, probably bitten by something or rubbed something wrong.
    I wouldn't worry bout it too much, Brodi grew out of it, and i think realised that the tree's were causing it so stopped doing it

Advertisement