Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please tell me I'm completely mis-interpreting this song?

Options
  • 02-02-2011 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

This is a song I noticed a friend post up on Facebook. I don't know the band at all, so don't read this post as a publicity stunt by them (but bad publicity is good publicity, right :confused:)

I appreciate Irish bands being politically active, there are not enough of them, but I wish these guys didn’t rework this. It is a good interpretation of a classic and (on a superfical level anyway) the re-worked lyrics did not make my toes curl, but I just feel any political song would be better served being an original piece rather than something which defined a previous generation. It's far removed from anti-establishment.

Also the use of the word “Dáil” can be easily misconstrued as “Dole,” hence “…your just another prick on the dole”, which, if that was intentional like “In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida”, I don't think it's clever and in my mind anyway, it is very counterintuitive. I would like to hear from one of the band members to tell me I've got this completely wrong. Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

Guitar sounded cr@p so I turned it off, let me guess; they present a list of problems without offering viable solutions?

It's just a bad parody song imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I've always hated Another Brick in the Wall anyway.

Advertisement