Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kittens with their mum

Options
  • 02-02-2011 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

My cat had 4 kittens, 6 weeks ago, we are going to keep 2 and i just wondered if it makes any difference which sex of kitten we keep with the mum, the RSPCA told me when i lived in England that its best to have male kittens with their mum because females can fight? Is this true??

We also have a male cat who is a year and a half (same age as the mum) He is not the father and he's been neutered. He keeps hissing at the mum and kittens so we are keeping him away at this moment, will he accept the kittens after time?

Please someone help!
    Thanks ! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭ladyjuicy08

Hi,
    have ur kittens all got homes ??? i am looking for kittens under 4 months keep my baby kitten Alfie company .. http://b-static.net/vbulletin/images/smilies/smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭SophieSakura

No, that's not true. Female kittens should get on with their mum just as well. I've had loads of kittens, and I find that male ones can be mummy's boys and like their mum to look after them for longer :D But female cats get on well usually, especially if they're all spayed.

The dad should get used to them in time. My male cat is such a coward, he's terrified of kittens, but does get used to them. :)

Also, do you have any photos of them :D

Advertisement