Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pup going into heat

Options
  • 02-02-2011 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭

my yorkie is now eight months and is showing no sign of going into heat is this a bit late or because she is a small breed is it normal? im worried shes late maturing? or is this all normal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

All dogs are different. She can come in anytime from about 6 months. My rottie pup has just come into heat last wednesday and shes nearly 8 months.

So no need to worry, she should come in anytime from now so just keep a good eye on her.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭sophie1234

thanks just wanted to make sure! keeping a good eye out on her to make sure that whens she is in heat she wont be going anywere!! thanks:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

My Yorkie came into heat for the first time when she was 9/10 months old.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Ailishcrehan

I have been told on numberous occasions by my vet that getting a bitch neutered before her first heat can reduce the possibility of her contracting illnesses later in life.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭sophie1234

I have been told on numberous occasions by my vet that getting a bitch neutered before her first heat can reduce the possibility of her contracting illnesses later in life.

im aware of that but im training and looking into showing her as some i know who used to show yorkies says mine is a very excellent example and very clever! so i was looking around shows and i dont want to neuter her untill ive made a choice of it showing her will be worth it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement