Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smackdown 04/02 *Spoilers/Results*

Options
  • 02-02-2011 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 85,684 ✭✭✭✭

Source

Booker T comes out first in his new WWE role as announcer with Michael Cole and Josh Matthews.
    Dolph Ziggler and Vickie Guerrero open the show, talking about tonight's match where the World Title will be on the line. Kelly Kelly came out and slapped Ziggler. Michelle McCool and Layla then come out, Edge comes out and cleans house.
    Justin Gabriel and Heath Slater beat WWE Tag Team Champions Vladimir Kozlov and Santino Marella in a non-title match.
    Drew McIntyre beats Kofi Kingston in an Elimination Chamber qualifying match. Alberto Del Rio came on the big screen, distracting Kofi, allowing Drew to get the win.
    Rey Mysterio beats Jack Swagger in an Elimination Chamber qualifying match.
    Backstage segment with Edge talking to Kelly Kelly about their match.
    Hornswoggle, Rosa Mendes and Ricardo Rodriguez all come out. Rodriguez announces Alberto Del Rio and out he comes to celebrate. Hornswoggle ends up hitting Del Rio but gets attacked. Kofi Kingston comes to make the save but Del Rio applies his armbar finisher.
    Kane wins a squash against Chavo Guerrero to qualify for the Elimination Chamber.
    Wade Barrett defeats Big Show to qualify for the Elimination Chamber. The Corre comes out to help Barrett when the referee goes down. After the match, Show tries to fight back but Ezekiel Jackson slams him.
    Edge and Kelly defeat Dolph Ziggler, Layla and Michelle McCool with the World Title on the line. Kelly pinned Layla. Vickie Guerrero comes out after the match and fires Kelly. Dolph vs. Edge with Vickie as referee is announced for next week for the belt.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Poor striker.
    I can see him being future endeavored after mania. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,038 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

CMpunked wrote: »
    Poor striker.
    I can see him being future endeavored after mania. :(

Vince liked him so he should be ok. Grisham should be seriously worried though.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,684 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Booker T comes out first in his new WWE role as announcer with Michael Cole and Josh Matthews

We can expect lots of sucka! :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Edge and Kelly defeat Dolph Ziggler, Layla and Michelle McCool with the World Title on the line.

THAT is the "historic" match that a World title has never been defended in? A handicap intergender match? Way to hype something up and disappoint WWE <_<

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭sliotor

Why did they take striker off the announce table, he is actually interesting, should have taken cole off since he has enough going on in raw without wrecking my head on smackdown aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

At least they hyped it.
    They usually just pass it off to some 20 second video between matches.

I cant wait to hear booker on the commentary table. I think it could do the same for the announcing team as what JBL done when he joined a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Really happy with booker, i think he will be great behind the announce desk as he was always amazing on the mic! Although (and i know i may be in the minority here) I did like striker, his work on ECW showed he can be very good on commentary!

sounds like a day-cent SD i have to say (about time)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Chet Lemon & Black Snow should have been given the headsets :pac:

THAT is the "historic" match that a World title has never been defended in? A handicap intergender match? Way to hype something up and disappoint WWE <_<

I hope they explain Kelly's beef with Vickie and Ziggler at least

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

So. Vickie says last week that if Edge uses the spear (until further notice) he'll be stripped of the title. Edge uses it at the Royal Rumble, and again on RAW, (Vickie neglects mentioning in on RAW) and now on SD Vickie still does nothing?

What is this? When TNA pull this kind of sh!t there's murder!

• Advertisement

jaykhunter wrote: »
    So. Vickie says last week that if Edge uses the spear (until further notice) he'll be stripped of the title. Edge uses it at the Royal Rumble, and again on RAW, (Vickie neglects mentioning in on RAW) and now on SD Vickie still does nothing?

Yes that seems to be forgotten about and also how come no interaction between Albero and Edge after their confrontation on Raw instead Alberto costs Kofi a match :confused:

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Yes that seems to be forgotten about and also how come no interaction between Albero and Edge after their confrontation on Raw instead Alberto costs Kofi a match :confused:

I guess they are building towards EC and the WHC title match at it.

!

Reading the spoilers, its Kelly not Edge who wins the match with the spear, and she ends up fired, so at least it is some consistency.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea they should really be builing Edge Vs Del Rio now so they have a great rivalry going into WM instead of just 4 weeks after EC

Yea they should really be builing Edge Vs Del Rio now so they have a great rivalry going into WM instead of just 4 weeks after EC

Well on wwe.com Edge V Del Rio for WHC title is listed for WM already so it looks no matter how many title matches Ziggler gets he aint winning of course this could change

Well on wwe.com Edge V Del Rio for WHC title is listed for WM already so it looks no matter how many title matches Ziggler gets he aint winning of course this could change

Yea but they should be using as many weeks to build up to the match that involves the winner of the RR

Yea but they should be using as many weeks to build up to the match that involves the winner of the RR

Yes I agree they to build it up and it seems strange that after their confrontation on Raw this week nothing on SD

I still feel Christian could be involved somehow in their feud - maybe just hopeful wishful thinking from me ;)

Yes I agree they to build it up and it seems strange that after their confrontation on Raw this week nothing on SD

I still feel Christian could be involved somehow in their feud - maybe just hopeful wishful thinking from me ;)

At least Miz had some a run in with Cena on Raw . They should have had Del Rio attack Edge after the match or something on SD

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Striker's gone? Smackdown might be watchable now. Josh, Cole and Booker announcing sounds great.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Striker's gone? Smackdown might be watchable now. Josh, Cole and Booker announcing sounds great.

Who do you think will replace Lawler when he's busy wrestling?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭sliotor

Well it has been josh filling in when he has been wrestling etc, the last month. Unless they decide to give that to stricker instead.
    Although I personally feel it is a bad thing to take sticker off the annonce table, I am glad booker is there but sricker should not have been one to go.

It will be Josh won't it? He has been quite good on Raw and he has good chemistry with Cole. Striker was superb on ECW but for the most part he has been unbearable since his promotion to Smackdown. :(

At the PPV I imagine it will be just Booker T and Cole, like when Punk and Cole commentated on the TLC match with King and Miz.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

sliotor wrote: »
    Well it has been josh filling in when he has been wrestling etc, the last month. Unless they decide to give that to stricker instead.
    Although I personally feel it is a bad thing to take sticker off the annonce table, I am glad booker is there but sricker should not have been one to go.

If cole ends up the anonymous gm on raw he would surely give up commentating on sd, maybe striker will be back quicker than most think.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I really enjoyed the ending to Smackdown. Kelly really sold the firing angle well and wow was Vickie outstanding the way she played it. Screaming in Kelly's face and then cackling away like crazy in front of Edge who came across as totally powerless to do anything. Really top stuff. Vickie is on fire at the moment and is doing wonders for Ziggler who is holding up his end as well. I just hope they don't ruin this by having Kelly show up on Raw Monday smiling and happy. Let it play out for a few weeks and then have Edge either get her job back or secure her a spot on Raw. Anyways I'd recommend people check out the ending to SD. Good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Very enjoyable SmackDown!,it's definitely helped by the absence of Striker too

The main event and closing of the show was absolutely perfect,well done to Kelly who sold her ''firing'' amazingly,she could teach John Cena a thing or two!

I really enjoyed the ending to Smackdown. Kelly really sold the firing angle well and wow was Vickie outstanding the way she played it. Screaming in Kelly's face and then cackling away like crazy in front of Edge who came across as totally powerless to do anything. Really top stuff. Vickie is on fire at the moment and is doing wonders for Ziggler who is holding up his end as well. I just hope they don't ruin this by having Kelly show up on Raw Monday smiling and happy. Let it play out for a few weeks and then have Edge either get her job back or secure her a spot on Raw. Anyways I'd recommend people check out the ending to SD. Good stuff.

Yes the ending was good especially Kelly getting the win by using the spear I just wished they had explained Kelly'd beef with Vickie better and it might have been better as she mentioned Drew to have him somehow maybe try and cost them the match.
    Del Rio goes from winning the RR and taking out Edge on Raw to having no interaction with Edge and feuding with Horny and Kofi :confused:

What is the SD EC match for?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,191 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Smackdown EC is for the WHC.

I guess Del Rio will fight Kofi at the EC to keep his profile up.

Vickie really was great. WWE have done a great job of keeping her pretty low keep the last year but then making the best use of her now in the lead up to Mania. I think Dolphs title chase with Vickie's help shows you don't need MITB to make yourself a credible World Championship Contender.

Kelly played a blinder, she used to annoy me (as a wrestler, she's probably a lovely person in reality) but I have a lot more respect for her now after this weeks showing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Ridley

I notice you noticed that the spear had been banned until further notice. Techincally it is still banned until further notice since no notice was given but WWE have probably dropped it without notice even though they should have noticed that they said "until further notice" minutes before they closed the show with Edge taking no notice of the "until further notice" notice.

At least Kelly Kelly getting her notice made sense. Except that Layla should have won by DQ since the spear is now illegal and KK did it in front of the referee. Erm...

Advertisement