Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chris Boardman's pursuit record broken

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Front disc?

Edit: What changes were brought in to stop the 'Superman' position on the bike?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Here's Boardman in 1996. Pretty much everything would be illegal now, the frame, the helmet and the position. I think the UCI made regs about the maximum extension beyond the front hub that bars could have. Later they made rules dictating that all bikes had to have the traditional two-diamond frame shape and more rules about tube shapes and sizes. 650c wheels are gone too. As Obree found to his cost, the UCI reserve the right to ban anything they just don't like the look of so the scope for innovation on the track is minimal - bikes are lighter and stiffer than they used to be, but a lot less aero.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,325 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

another fine decision tby the uci to get rid of the individual pursuit from the olympics

I'd forgotten about that.

What a bunch of total ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

whats the story with the front disc? I thought they were banned?

• Advertisement

mloc123 wrote: »
    whats the story with the front disc? I thought they were banned?

Only on the road.

Advertisement