Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for accordion player for acoustic pop covers band

Options
  • 02-02-2011 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Looking for someone who can add rhythm and melody to an acoustic covers band. This is basically for fun with the aim of playing a few small pub gigs. Rehearsal every second week in the city center until we get a 20-30 song set together.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Creamy Sonic

Ah come on. There's got to be one? We are looking for any melodic instrument really, I think accordion would be idea though. So Far we are Ukulele, Vocals, Cajon (box drum that you sit on) and Bass. All class players with lots of experience who can play their parts, but i mainly for fun. As a departure from the full band thing. Hope to do a few pub gigs, maybe for a few quid. We are doing songs like Come on Eileen and Moving out (BIlly Joel) which have fairly decent horn section parts that would be covered by the Accordion and then some basic rockers and pop tunes that would be more pulling chords. Doing pop from 80 90 10, open to anything though as long is it would go over well in a pub and people can dance and sing along to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Creamy Sonic

Sorry no one is getting in on this. Been thinking and a harmonica might be good as well for this, would need to be a class player though I expect.

Advertisement