Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Awesome Irish Goverment New Employment Plan

Options
  • 02-02-2011 10:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭

This came up in the Australia new Zealand forum.

This article seems to paint a picture that Australia is soon going to be accepting the irish in droves.

This is not the case to be honest the new changes will still require an decent skill to migrate. It has been suggested that the irish goverment is trying to give the youth of Ireland a push abroad. On utilising the WHV option for as long as possible.

Any ideas on the below?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Nothing new about this plan. FF have relied on emigration to keep unemployment levels down for decades.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Zambia wrote: »
    This came up in the Australia new Zealand forum.

This article seems to paint a picture that Australia is soon going to be accepting the irish in droves.

This is not the case to be honest the new changes will still require an decent skill to migrate. It has been suggested that the irish goverment is trying to give the youth of Ireland a push abroad. On utilising the WHV option for as long as possible.

Any ideas on the below?

I don't think it's a conspiracy ,I would say it's a fact the government WANT to ged rid of a couple of hundred thousand off the live register and let's face it ,what jobs are there for graduates??? zero ,nada ,none.So what happens? these people join the dole que.That's not a good way of trying to close the current gap in spending ,it just adds to it ,something Ireland does not need.And what about next years graduates and the year after??

At some level maybe there was a conversation in government and the EU about encouraging people to feck off out of Ireland because they know it's going to be long time before there are plenty of jobs again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

Hell yeah's put me on that boat lol
    Im a qualified woodmachnist and it sucks to find work here.
    Only issue is it costs money to support yourself and get a flight there :/
    If the gov would ship us out ina big tanker id be greafull :P

Cant see anything too sinister in this myself.
    As mentioned above it seems like a common sense way to cut down the dole ques in future.We are going to be heading for more job losses imo anyway.Technology is taking over from labour in alot of ways so its only going to get worse unless they start changing longterm plans for training irish people(plus we have alot of other nationalities now taking from the system too).Check out fas courses.Half of them are IT or schemes for low pay and no future planning aside from a few like solar and wind energy(whiich is also flawed and bottlenecked due to requirments).
    I think its a good idea as an irish person to get a few over to australia.
    If they can support themselves and get sponsored fair play the lucky sods i say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 GayBorg

Theres a danger in them leaving.Will they be wanted back? Employers may want the status quo as is.And even if things pick up by then there country wont need them it'll have all the workers they need from outside.The whole situation will be used as an excuse for continuing the immigration issue."repopulating issue".

When will this trend end, only when all the smartest have moved abroad well thats the way to treat people on a money farm.Its not the country most people want to live in and certainly not the type of one the Irish deserve to have theirs misshapen into.

Advertisement