Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parallel Desktop help

Options
  • 02-02-2011 2:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭

I just got parallel desktop 6 and have a few problems..

First and foremost, i cant figure out how to share files between mac os and window..What id like to have is to have a icon on the desktop that where i can view and use media from the other os..I think its in sharing options but that doesnt seem to work...At the moment in sharing options the following are ticked:
    share mac user folders with windows
    access windows folders from mac
    mount virtual disks to mac desktop

Secondly i cant figure out how to get the sound working on windows...

Any help would be much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,079 ✭✭✭Talisman

It sounds like the Parallels Tools and drivers haven't been installed. If they were your Mac Desktop would be shared with the VM Desktop and the sound would also be working.

Launch the virtual machine and click the Virtual Machine menu. You should see a menu item to install/reinstall Parallels Tools.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

Sorry for taking so long to reply..yea thanks that worked..everything is working now..

I have a question for you. In coherence mode if i drag files from windows explorer's tempory files onto the desktop they disappear. I search both apple and windows hdd space but neither seem to have the file.I know its a bit off an odd thing to ask but do you have any idea why this might happen.

Advertisement