Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lcd tv

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 mcquill

Looks like a decent price but it appears to be freeview not Saorview (MPG4) so it will be defunct in the south when digital terrestial TV is switched off.
    I have an MPG3 freeview in the camper and can only pick up the sound on Irish digital. You could of course by a converter but that just negates the saving.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭niloc1951

mcquill wrote: »
    Looks like a decent price but it appears to be freeview not Saorview (MPG4) so it will be defunct in the south when digital terrestial TV is switched off.
    I have an MPG3 freeview in the camper and can only pick up the sound on Irish digital. You could of course by a converter but that just negates the saving.

But, if it will only be connected to a satellite box and not a terrestrial aerial the DVB-T standard it uses is irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 mcquill

niloc1951 wrote: »
    But, if it will only be connected to a satellite box and not a terrestrial aerial the DVB-T standard it uses is irrelevant.

That is correct, I do not have a Sat Dish at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

niloc1951 wrote: »

it does seem to be freeview so useless for rte dtv but when your in range of the uk dtv it will pick that up,im still using my lidle sat box i picked up a few years ago grate bit of kit for what it cost,the tv also has the built in dvd for those rainy nights
    for me it would be a bit small,i have a 15inch i think its about right for my van,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭niloc1951

I've just treated the MH to one yesterday, it will save me transferring the one from the bedroom back and forth. It will be permanently connected to the sky box so it being only MPEG2 isn't relevant for me.
    Loads of kit for the money, even PVR via a USB connection.

One big negative though, the viewing angle is rubbish, so Mrs.N and me will have to huddle when watching :D:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement