Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Psychology or Criminology and Psychological Studies?

Options
  • 01-02-2011 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭

My OH is planning to start with the OU with their Introduction to Social Science module, this module is a level 1 for both Psychology & Criminology and Psychological studies. He wants to study psychology but career prospects seem to be at the front of his mind now. He hasn't started yet so hasn't decided where he wants to go but Criminology and Forensic Psychology are interesting prospects to him. Which degree would you advise? He'll have to do forensic psychology on top of either one but which seems like a better base degree?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 elfan

Hi Laydee,
    I am currently involved in forensic psychology. As a starting point I would say whatever he is interested in. If he does want to make it a career though he needs a Psychology degree which is accredited by the PSI/BPS as a base. From there it is a masters in forensic psychology and then two years supervised practice to become chartered. Training wise opportunities are few in Ireland and it is a long road but well worth it!!! Any specific questions just pm me.

Advertisement