Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I use Pro Tools 8 on multiple machines?

Options
  • 01-02-2011 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭

I am currently running Pro Tools 7.4 with a Digi 002 Rack. My bro is buying an Mbox which comes with Pro Tools 8. Is it actually possible to run it on his mac and Mbox and also my Mac and 002 rack? I see no reason why it wouldn't be possible, as the hardware acts as a sort of dongle. The same copy of the software could be used on 200 machines if you wished, as long as there was Digidesign hardware is present. I am wondering if anyone knows the lowdown? Am I missing something, or am I right about the above?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

technically its possible.

legally its totally in breach of the EULA. when you buy a license you are entitled to run it on 2 machines but only 1 at any given time.

for what its worth if you and your brother paid for 1 copy then you've done more than a lot of others have. so i'd go ahead and use it with a clear conscience.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭SonasRec

If you ever upgrade to PT9, you'll only be able to run it on 1 machine at a time as the license is on ilok. Worth knowing if you decide to upgrade at some stage.

Advertisement