Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aussie Rules Fantasy Footie League

Options
  • 01-02-2011 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Hi, If anyone fancies joining my League then please do.

http://dreamteam.afl.com.au
    PUBLIC LEAGUE (LEAGUE INVITE CODE: 231900)
    I'm a complete novice so any help would be welcome.
    Cheers
    Terry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I'll probably join. You get three leagues and I've already committed to a West Coast one.

OP we usually run a boards league and get about 14 players. Do you want to use your one as the official league for the year seeing as it's set up already?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Matt Le Tissue

Whatever suits the users of this AFL board thread thingy. If it dose'nt put anybody out then by all means please fell free to use it as the official one.

I've just joined anyway. Good to see 8 spots filled already so hopefully a few more from here join to fill the league.

Now to get a team sorted...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Joined. Did ok alst year, made the top 8 :)

Im the Sharks (screw Greg Norman :P)

Jeez that website is ****e. It was ****e last year too. I was hoping they would have the cop on to fix it but nope :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

just signed up there now. 14 in the league now. must improve on my performance last year! not realising there was subs was a fairly noob mistake!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Mackman wrote: »
    Jeez that website is ****e. It was ****e last year too. I was hoping they would have the cop on to fix it but nope :mad:

If anything I think that website has gotten worse!

That league appears to be full. Should we set up a 2nd one, or is there non-Boardsies in the other league so should we set up a Boards-exclusive league?

If you fancy setting up a boards only league go for it. I have room to enter one more so I'll be in.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭SSK

In this league but happy to do another one as well

Me too, ive got one space left

• Advertisement

just sorted out my team there today. might make a few more tweaks but hard enough to get it all sorted. taking a gamble on a few GCS players too, none of them Ablett!

Nic Naits Paddys to win!

oh and there is one team in it that hasnt been filled out properly yet, so not sure what the craic is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭seipeal1

16 teams now in the league. Starting to get that gooey feeling now that the season is almost here. Any early season predictions out there for winners, losers, dark horses?

As much as id like to see West Coast get another spoon, i think Brisbane will beat them to it.

Collingwood will be the team to beat obviously. Top 4 wil be Collingwood, Saints, Bulldogs and Freo (:D).

It'll be interesting to see how the Bombers go under Hird in the season proper, i think they'll improve. As will Melbourne, who will make top 8.

Just a few of my thoughts :) Getting close now. How do you guys back home in Ireland watch the matches? Do ye watch them online through the AFL?

Mackman wrote: »
    As much as id like to see West Coast get another spoon, i think Brisbane will beat them to it.

Collingwood will be the team to beat obviously. Top 4 wil be Collingwood, Saints, Bulldogs and Freo (:D).

It'll be interesting to see how the Bombers go under Hird in the season proper, i think they'll improve. As will Melbourne, who will make top 8.

Just a few of my thoughts :) Getting close now. How do you guys back home in Ireland watch the matches? Do ye watch them online through the AFL?

:mad: no wooden spoon this year! :mad:

not sure if Brisbane will make the drop down, they had a good start last year, and the Fev factor kicked in. Now he is gone, Ithink it may improve things. But they have lost a few good players to GCS and delisting. I think Richmond might just retake their wooden spoon again.

as for the top 4, I still think Geelong have enough without Thomspon and ablett to make it in. at freos expense obviously!

I think it may be a false dawn for Essendon. Might be wrong, but I just dont think they have a good enough squad. Melbourne will improve again, securing Scully was a big thing, but dont think they'll break the top 8 just yet. Hawks, Freo, Carlton and Sydney I think will make up the other 4.

as for watching the games, its very expensive to watch throught he AFL site/bigpond on that deal. I looked at it before and wasnt worth it. Generally, ESPN show 3 games in a weekend, and have an hours highlights too (the one that TG4 show) so that usually is enough to get me through.

I've set up a 2nd league for anyone who missed out first time or anyone who has space left for another league.

Boards DT 2011 (League invite code: 975601)

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Matt Le Tissue

cheers, I joined this one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

cheers, I joined this one too.

+1.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭DD Mikasa

Hi there

Have another league if anyone wants to join. This is the third year we are doing this and it's quite competitive. Unfortunately, we always struggled to fill the last few spots so both years so far we've had 3 or 4 dud teams who have dragged the league down. If any of ye fancy your chances then you're welcome to sign up.

SPECKY SHIELD III (LEAGUE INVITE CODE: 397398)

Regards

CEO of the Don Conroy Owls

Nic Naitanuis paddys are in a couple of new leagues now to prop up the bottom, much like the Eagles!

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭DD Mikasa

Welcome aboard Nic Nait Paddy. Assume that's one of ur ruck spots filled wit that name!

Just 2 spots left in the league lads.

Saturday's in the Woolshed on Parnell st may have to be arranged!

• Advertisement

The West Coast Coolers just joined both leagues. Awesome that you can enter five this year.

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    I've set up a 2nd league for anyone who missed out first time or anyone who has space left for another league.

Boards DT 2011 (League invite code: 975601)

Still a few spots left if anyone wants in before the deadline...

Was there something funny with use of emergencies this week due to partial lockout? I had Watson from Carlton who didn't play but my ememgency didn't automatically slot in. Annoying as I drew my head-to-head in public league because of this, should've won by 50..

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭SSK

jackbhoy wrote: »
    Was there something funny with use of emergencies this week due to partial lockout? I had Watson from Carlton who didn't play but my ememgency didn't automatically slot in. Annoying as I drew my head-to-head in public league because of this, should've won by 50..

I think what might have happened was if you set the emergency after the partial lockout i.e. after the Carlton Richmond game then he couldn't replace Watson as you knew that he hadn't played.

Or something like that :confused:

SSK wrote: »
    I think what might have happened was if you set the emergency after the partial lockout i.e. after the Carlton Richmond game then he couldn't replace Watson as you knew that he hadn't played.

Or something like that :confused:

Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well. Can't remember the exact timing but I made a couple of last minute trades on Friday so might have swapped my emergencies then.

I never had draw a before, was 40 points behind going into Eagles game, we both had Cox and Atley got me exactly 40!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭seipeal1

Hi, If anyone fancies joining my League then please do.

PUBLIC LEAGUE (LEAGUE INVITE CODE: 231900)
    I'm a complete novice so any help would be welcome.
    Cheers
    Terry

Guys,

I entered a team in this league as well as another AUssie based one but I have no access or record of this league. How am I able to access this league to see if my team is there? Methinks I have done something wrong here.
    PS come on the crows in the local showdown this weekend. Will be there screaming...

Advertisement