Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mac software update problem

Options
  • 01-02-2011 12:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭

Hi guys hoping someone can help me, my sister gave my parents her mac they had if for 2 years without turning it on so long story short the os system 10.4.11 they cant use skype which is what they want if for to contact my sister in australia because skype needs at least 10.15.4 or newer

Software updater isnt showing any newer updates for this, the updater is working as other updates have showed up for safari

Help please !!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭barryj

Upgrading between major releases of Mac OS X means you have to pay for the upgrade. There have been two major releases (Leopard and Snow Leopard) since the version you have installed (Tiger). The auto update will just bring you to the latest minor release of the major release that you have.

If you have an Intel Mac, then you can run Snow Leopard, otherwise, the latest you can go is Leopard (10.5.x).

If you don't want to upgrade, then you could try and find an older version of Skype.

- barry

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Third Eye

I am successfully using Skype Version 2.8.0.851 with G5 Mac running OSX 10.4.11. It doesn't seem to be on their website now though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Liameter

Third Eye wrote: »
    I am successfully using Skype Version 2.8.0.851 with G5 Mac running OSX 10.4.11.

Me, too. You can get it here: http://mac.oldapps.com/skype.php?old_skype=36

It looks as if 2.8.0.866 will also work fine with 10.4.11.

Advertisement