Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

settle a row

Options
  • 01-02-2011 9:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭

Bought a triple album off discogs, it arrived in the post yesterday, only one LP in it, contacted your man he says thats the way it was advertised.

Here's what i seeing

Leftfield - Leftism (3xLP, Album, Gat)
    Condition: Very Good Plus (VG+) / Sleeve Condition: Very Good Plus (VG+)
    Comments: H 5867 only A&B

The words album and 3 LPs shouldn't be in there if thats not what he was selling, i know it says only A&B.........but he could of explained it a bit better or am i a daftie for not copping that, or did he know he'd eventually catch someone ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Hmmmm.......it clearly says 'only A&B'.

I presume the 3xLP bit just refers to the original issue (along with it being a gatefold).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭francois

It's unfortunate but always read the small print-did he have decent feedback?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

It wasn't off a guy called plattendiscount96 was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭dubsbhoy

BaZmO* wrote: »
    It wasn't off a guy called plattendiscount96 was it?

yeah it was

Your right about reading the small print, after stinging myself with a good few ****e "remixes"

Suppose i'll put it down to learning, but i still think the ****er was chancing his arm. not gonna bother leaving any feedback

I've had Leftism in my wants list for ages now and was just waiting for the right one to come along.

This one came up as €4.00 and thought I'll have a bit of that so I placed the order. Then I got the following email....
    sorry but i forgot wrote that i have only A&B and this is rision why is so cheap. Do you want this record only disc 1?? Ok i can sell for 3 Euro.
    If you want please transfer 9,50 euro.........

He didn't have it advertised as being only 2 records so he had to tell me in advance. He obviously changed the description and put it back up.

Tbh, even from his email I couldn't work out if he was offering me 1 or 2 discs of the 3 pack.

But as for your own situation, I don't think you can do anything about it as it's clearly stated in the listing. The part where it says "Leftfield - Leftism (3xLP, Album, Gat)" is just in reference to the original release, and it's the only way he could actually list the item for sale.

It's actually quite common for people to have listings like that. You just need to make sure you read the comments section.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭dubsbhoy

yeah lesson learned, should of known when i seeing the 3 quid

If that one lp had of had afro left, song of life and check one........i'd of been happy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

I seen a 180g re-press in Tower Records the last time I was on there. I got one off cdwow for 14.99

http://www.discogs.com/Leftfield-Leftism/release/2673429

I know its only a re-press.... :(

I seen a 180g re-press in Tower Records the last time I was on there. I got one off cdwow for 14.99

http://www.discogs.com/Leftfield-Leftism/release/2673429

I know its only a re-press.... :(

What's wrong with it being a repress?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭francois

What's wrong with it being a repress?

If you are a collector, the original is always more sought after, even if the re-pres has been er-mastered and on better vinyl

francois wrote: »
    If you are a collector, the original is always more sought after, even if the re-pres has been er-mastered and on better vinyl
    Ah no, I get that. But it's not like it's a rare b-side from the Beatles. I would've imagined a nice new shiny repress for €15 was a good deal, especially if you're using it to DJ.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Ah no, I get that. But it's not like it's a rare b-side from the Beatles. I would've imagined a nice new shiny repress for €15 was a good deal, especially if you're using it to DJ.
    Yeah of course, I was delighted with it, but some people would turn tend to see re-presses as almost worthless in comparison.

Yeah of course, I was delighted with it, but some people would turn tend to see re-presses as almost worthless in comparison.
    Fools Leif, Fools!

A copy of this went up for sale yesterday that I put an offer in for (along with another item). Got both for a really really good price, and they were listed in decent condition too.

I was out and about so I was only checking emails. The guy never took down the items for sale cos he thought that I'd buy them straight away. in the meantime someone else bought the other item so he had to sell it to him. Gutted I never got online to "buy" the items.

Athough I did manage to pick up a new copy of the Sunrise EP (with a couple of other items) today for a decent price.

Does everybody else try to bargain with the sellers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

I never really but should:) iF its a good price i'll just buy it.

btw, Is the Sunrise EP any good? :)

I never really but should:) iF its a good price i'll just buy it.
    Ah ya should anyway. Worst they can say is no!
    btw, Is the Sunrise EP any good? :)
    Don't know! :D

I only bought it for one track.

Ah ya should anyway. Worst they can say is no!

Don't know! :D

I only bought it for one track.

I like it!

Don't suppose you ripped this - http://www.discogs.com/Shades-Of-Rhythm-Sound-Of-Eden-Sweet-Sensation/release/44562

Again no hurry. :)

I like it!

Don't suppose you ripped this - http://www.discogs.com/Shades-Of-Rhythm-Sound-Of-Eden-Sweet-Sensation/release/44562

Again no hurry. :)
    Ooops! Forgot all about it. I'll do it tonight.

Thanks Baz

And of course, by "tonight" I mean tonight. :o:)

Finally picked up a copy of this last week, have the CD since it was first relased but have always had the 3 vinyl release on my wants list. Got a copy in immaculate condition for under €18. Worth the wait ha!

Interestingly enough, the person I bought it from is listed as Mr.C.Collection
    NOTE: This entire collection of vinyls belong to Mr.C of The Shamen, Plink Plonk, The End, Superfreq etc. There are over 10,000+ vinyls still to come - so keep checking back as they are being listed everyday. Loads of serious tunes and some rare pieces so snap them up before it's too late!

Obviously he never got round to selling it all in one job lot.

• Advertisement

Finally picked up a copy of this last week, have the CD since it was first relased but have always had the 3 vinyl release on my wants list. Got a copy in immaculate condition for under €18. Worth the wait ha!

Interestingly enough, the person I bought it from is listed as Mr.C.Collection

Obviously he never got round to selling it all in one job lot.

What did you get Baz ?

Leftism. The 3 vinyl release

Leftism. The 3 vinyl release

Nice! probably the best dance album ever IMO.

Nice! probably the best dance album ever IMO.

Yeah I'd say so. Listening to it last night and it still holds up.

Advertisement