Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DAW Controllers question.

Options
  • 31-01-2011 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

Don't really get these things are they just a mixer type interface for when your editing music? And can you use say a berhinger daw controller on pro tools mpowered software? if anyone can clear this up for me then me love u long time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭shayleon

there are different types. some are just controllers (and you can probably control pro tools with behringer) while some are complete interfaces that include pre-amps.

i use alphatrack to control cubase. great way to use the mouse just a little bit less.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭madtheory

I use a BCF2000 with M Powered. Works well. Less mousing as Shay says. An M Audio Project mix would be better because it has a jog wheel and a channel strip. The Alphatrack looks very good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

I use the Tascam US24000 which I tracked down a few months ago.

I'm a big believer in disconnecting the 'thinking' part of the brain while mixing , to try to to just 'feel' it .

I also try and always have the same things on the same track , so kick is always one Bass is 17 Lead Vox 24 etc.

That, to me, is the value of a controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

That bcf 2000 are u able to assign the knobs to the eq section on pro tools? thinkin about getting one so i can work less with the mouse

No it's Mackie HUI emulation only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

so i've decided after much consideration to get the m-audio project mix cheers for the insights dudes and dudettes.

Good choice. The only issue is the mic pre amps, they're not great. They don't deliver much current for phantom power and make dynamic mics sound thin. Good thing is the little ART tube thing is an improvement.

Advertisement