Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

boiler stove

Options
  • 31-01-2011 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭

hi,

im trying to chose a boiler stove for my house.
    ive have set it up to heat my hot water cylinder but not any radiators as i already have oil fired cenrtal heating. i wanted to put a stove in and figured why not get a boiler stove and take some of the

now i reckon that this wont need more than about 4 kw to heat the water. but the room room it is going is a kitchen/living area about 19metre sq. so i want to get a stove that will be able to warm to room sufficiently too.

it seems that most stoves split their output about 65% / 35% in favour of the water heating. so a 8kw stove would only give about 2.5kw to the room. does anyone know if it is possible to get stoves that distribute their power more evenly or even in favour of the room?

its worth bearing in mind that i do have a rad in the room which should be sufficient by its self.

i thinking the lagan boiler stove from stoveonline.co.uk

any help would be much appreciated.

Advertisement