Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ribble full carbon "any idea's"

Options
  • 31-01-2011 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

thinking of buying a ribble "gran fondo" and was wonderin had any body got any information about them are they any good or has anyone even seen one,seems would work out at about 1500 euro for a full carbon bike with campagnolo groupset ,sounds cheap to me.:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

pantani wrote: »
    thinking of buying a ribble "gran fondo" and was wonderin had any body got any information about them are they any good or has anyone even seen one,seems would work out at about 1500 euro for a full carbon bike with campagnolo groupset ,sounds cheap to me.:cool:

i was so close to buying one of these last summer, but when i eventually got the money up and went to order it, they had ran out of my size, and there was a 2 months wait on 58cm frames.

i did an months of "googling" ribble bikes before i had the money, and they always seemed to get great reviews.

the prices do seem great as well, the only slight snag in their delivery is quite expensive, chance your arm and see if you can get them drop the delivery charge, as my old man always says, "if you dont ask, you dont get"

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭pantani

thanks for that chris myself and a friend are looking into buyin a bike each (full carbon) and we thought they looked to be the cheapest as you can build your bike to the spec of your choice ie gears and brakes etc...anyway thanks again for your answer!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

Had a look at their stand at the bike show in London in October.
    Have to say nice bikes in the flesh.
    Think it was the Sportive Bianco I had a good look at, nice bike for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 beemerbruser1

pantani wrote: »

I bought one of these frames last year & built it up from a mix of Dura-ace & Ultegra. This is a fantastic frame but only downside is the wait. I ordered the frame whe it was "in stock" from Ribble but was waiting 2 months before it arrived. Overall was still worth the wait

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Daithi BC

I got a Gran Fondo from them in September last year. About a four week wait and I got it collected and delivered with http://www.shiply.com for a fraction of the price that Ribble wanted.

I'm delighted with mine (Camp Athena groupset).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭papac

Daithi BC wrote: »
    I got a Gran Fondo from them in September last year. About a four week wait and I got it collected and delivered with http://www.shiply.com for a fraction of the price that Ribble wanted.

I'm delighted with mine (Camp Athena groupset).

did shiply collect it from ribble??

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭paulieb2006

I was buying one of the Sportives from Ribble last year and had DPD arranged to pick it up! Got a Felt from Wiggle instead. DPD were charging me E35 i think to collect it and ship it to Galway. The new bikes they have out at the moment look smashing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 davidsm99

Hi there,

I got a Ribble Nero RC with full campag athena and cosmic carbone sl last year from them.
    Beautiful bike, no problems whatsoever and rides like a whippet with a fat lad on it :D
    Delivery is expensive, €70 or something like that! Delivery took 5 weeks and took numerous mails calls on my part to get any updates, a pain but well worth it in the end for what you get.

D

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Daithi BC

papac wrote: »
    did shiply collect it from ribble??

Yes - I put in their address as the pickup point and mine as the destination and it all worked out fine. Think it cost me 25 Sterling.

The way it works is a reverse auction of courier companies, so the price will vary depending on who's available to do the shipping, but I had three guys bidding on doing the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭papac

Daithi BC wrote: »
    Yes - I put in their address as the pickup point and mine as the destination and it all worked out fine. Think it cost me 25 Sterling.

The way it works is a reverse auction of courier companies, so the price will vary depending on who's available to do the shipping, but I had three guys bidding on doing the job.

Thats very interesting. There are many UK based bike retailers who offer great deals but shocking delivery rates to Ireland. This might offer a solution in some cases. Thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement