Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight BBC4 10pm Meet the Climate Sceptics

Options
  • 31-01-2011 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭

Storyville: Meet the Climate Sceptics

key_c_cream.gif
    Monday 31 January
    10:00pm - 11:00pm
    BBC4
    Rupert Murray, director of the superb fishing-industry exposé End of the Line, turns his attention to those who insist man-made climate change is a myth. Scientists the world over may be overwhelmingly convinced that the problem is real, based on countless detailed, peer-reviewed studies. But those who think these experts are going against professional instinct and falsifying the evidence are gaining more and more traction in the media. Murray follows the colourful Christopher Monckton, classics scholar and 3rd Viscount Monckton of Brenchley. He tours the globe spreading his 'sceptic' message, that anthropogenic climate change theory has been "contrived" by "politicians, scientists and bureaucrats". The film's impossible task is to be rigorous enough to unpick his arguments, without giving sceptics the impression that any criticism is just part of the conspiracy.

Radio Times reviewer - Jack Seale

VIDEO Plus+: 3422783
    Subtitled, Widescreen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭MetLuver

Thanks Discodog, I was just wondering what to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Is this online anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Seem's like some of those interviewed are none to happy about how they were portrayed in this documentary. Claims of "creative" editing are rampant in the blogosphere. Anyway, it can be watched on youtube

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭fizzycyst

Duiske wrote: »
    Seem's like some of those interviewed are none to happy about how they were portrayed in this documentary. Claims of "creative" editing are rampant in the blogosphere. Anyway, it can be watched on youtube
    any links?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I am not surprised. I am a definite sceptic but I wouldn't want to be associated with the sceptics on the program - they came across as a bunch of nutters !.

And the thought of The Tea Party jumping on the bandwagon :eek:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

Duiske wrote: »

That is a link to the Horizon programme Science Under Attack. Another one to watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Weak enough arguments I'd say. Just because people have wrong idea about GM crops, then they have the wrong idea about GWing as well.

Didn't get Aids analogy at all?

And I would believe them except; "Oh look lads the world is ending and we can do this to fix it!"

But our government's response is "Oh quick put up taxes, oh the joy!"

If it were really serious, there would have been serious responses and we already know we have alternate energy but they are going to bleed this one and somehow get that blood form the stone.

Advertisement