Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop broken; how much is a call out fee?

Options
  • 31-01-2011 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

(not sure if this is right thread)

I'm SO sick of neighbours dropping over hoards of electronics/laptop related issues to me, spending hours fixing them and not getting a penny, after spending my college years penniless, why should I now that I'm qualified?

So I'm going to make up a price plan thing? But I've never had to get someone else to fix my laptop, so I was just wondering, how much people charge to look at your laptop issues, or if there was anyone with some advice.

Thanks in advance.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Fr0g

Depends on your location but somewhere between 50 and 70 I reckon. Pick a figure and see what kind of reaction you get :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I think your main problem is that you are letting people take advantage of you. You have to bite the bullet and either tell people that you are too busy with a paying job to do the work that you want them to do, or bluntly tell them that you will have to charge them for it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭knird evol

Think of Africa where the Shaman is one of the richest guys in the village. His much sought after Magic earns a high trade in goods and daughters from his neighbors. You are bestowing the gift of your technical skills to elevate the lives of the ignorant villagers who cohabit your street. A price must be exacted. A heavy price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

knird evol wrote: »
    Think of Africa where the Shaman is one of the richest guys in the village. His much sought after Magic earns a high trade in goods and daughters from his neighbors. You are bestowing the gift of your technical skills to elevate the lives of the ignorant villagers who cohabit your street. A price must be exacted. A heavy price.
    I must remember that quote! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

knird evol wrote: »

hahaha

thats quality, what a reply.

Advertisement