Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What kinda dog is this?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

It's a pom, the tea-cup thing is just stupid for small.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭alexa5x5

It's a pom, the tea-cup thing is just stupid for small.

yeah Im not keen on tea-cups either......but he is sssoooo cute! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭sotisme

Is that dog even real?!?!:P
    If he is..;) he looks like a tiny shiba inu/pomeranian:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Its a pom with a haircut, my friend adopted a pom in the UK that had to be trimmed due to matting and it looks very cute, similar to Boo, but the head wasn't as round.
    Theres also a trend in Japan to trim them like teddy bears.

sotisme wrote: »
    Is that dog even real?!?!:P
    If he is..;) he looks like a tiny shiba inu/pomeranian:D

I know, he looks like a teddy. If you click on his FB page you can watch his video's. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭teacherspet

Yes thats a Pom with a 5f blade cut and thinning scissors used around his face. Done a few like that myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭faw1tytowers

its a tea cup Pomeranian as they say. Hard to come by and cost about a grand if you do find a breeder. He was awarded cutest dog of the year I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

It's not a teacup, the facebook page says he'd be a teacup if he lost 75% of his body

Pom alright though but a more standard size

" a teacup sized pup, you would be correct ... if i lost 75% of my body weight. in fact i think my head weighs more than most teacup pups. please do not discriminate against big small dogs."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

its a tea cup Pomeranian as they say. Hard to come by and cost about a grand that you'd be stone crazy to pay even if you do find an irresponsible backyard breeder who's mating undersized dogs in a trend that is damaging to the breed, in order to produce 'teacup' sized dogs, a distinction that no breed registry in the world recognises. He was awarded cutest dog of the year I believe.

FYP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

It is excellent marketing though. If people equated, 'teacup' with 'runt of litter' things might be a little different.

• Advertisement

Yes thats a Pom with a 5f blade cut and thinning scissors used around his face. Done a few like that myself.

Really? wow, I thought he was just a freaky, cute, one off :D His noise looks shorter than an average Pom thats why I thought he might be a mixed-breed. Do you mind me asking, are you based in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Theres no such thing as a tea cup dog of any breed, its a made up thing for the runt of the litter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Its a young Pom shaved down to its undercoat, a lot of Americans do this but it takes a long time to grow back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

alexa5x5 wrote: »
    Really? wow, I thought he was just a freaky, cute, one off :D His noise looks shorter than an average Pom thats why I thought he might be a mixed-breed. Do you mind me asking, are you based in Ireland?

Americans breed for sqashed faces, they think its cute and they win shows but you are correct, the head should be more fox like, also the breed standards are just plain wrong when it comes to Pomeranians, it is very rare to find a pom under 7 pounds which is considered "standard" they were bred down from larger German spitz and as one famous breeder that I cant remember his name but will quote anyway; "the problem with breeding them so small is that they always want to grown up again".

FYP.

I would agree with your additions too

FYP.

Ive no intention of buying one...just curious what breed of dog this is.

alexa5x5 wrote: »
    Ive no intention of buying one...just curious what breed of dog this is.

I believe that was aimed at me not sure why. Havent come across a FYP before, but anyway, was trying to keep a low key as wasnt too sure how to take it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭sweetnjuicy

could be a tea cup pom mixed with a small breed of akita, hence the teddy like face

could be a tea cup pom mixed with a small breed of akita, hence the teddy like face

Eh, there is no small breed of Akita:confused: Akitas are very big dogs, and dont come in different sizes.
    Also, theres no such thing as tea cup anything, its a made up thing when people breed the runt of the litter to produce small pups. They are not recognised at all.

FYP.

Forgive my ignorance but what does FYP stand for?

• Advertisement

Forgive my ignorance but what does FYP stand for?

Fixed your post:) I had to google it too earlier as i didnt know either:D

andreac wrote: »

Ahhhhh! You learn something new every day :)

Actually to be fair FYP really stands for "I'm being a smartarse". :D

I believe that was aimed at me not sure why. Havent come across a FYP before, but anyway, was trying to keep a low key as wasnt too sure how to take it. :)

Wasnt sure who this was aimed at either, never saw FYP before. But as the poster has now added it means "Im a smart ar$e" :rolleyes:

I quoted a post by faw1tytowers and edited it to add FYP, and you didn't know who it was aimed at?

Here's a hint - not you.

andreac wrote: »

I too had to google it :S

Advertisement