Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cycle to work scheme

Options
  • 31-01-2011 7:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

Im thinking of getting a bicycle through the cycle to work scheme, is there a minimum I should spend on a half decent mountain bike?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

If you haven't been on a MTB before, stick with a hardtail for now (no rear suspension), and for cross country get about 100/120mm travel in the front forks (any more is just excess weight). Get back and front disc brakes, and hydraulic brakes are better, much less adjustment then mechanical brakes. If you can get a back cassette with 9 or 10 gears also that will help. The likes of this will set you back about 750 before you get the cycle to work discount.

If I'm way of the mark with any of them points please correct me people! I'm new enough to MTBs to be honest!

Advertisement