Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gay Byrne not wearing his seatbelt

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭thenutflush

He's paid 250,000 a year to be a hypocrite, would be funny if he got the sack!!

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Menengroth™

looks like he has it on, but is holding it down so it's only going across his waist, same with Wogan.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

It looks more like he has it off but is ready to clip it back in if he see's the shades. Gaybo likes his comfort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Now if only he was speeding and drunk and then we'd be all set.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

It wouldn't be that slack if it was on and he was just holding it, so I think he's not wearing it. He's probably also holding it in case he sees the 'Filth'. Another overpaid Irish hypocrite, but should we be shocked though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

This Gaybo video story is in tomorrows Irish Examiner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭RichieC

Leave Gaybo alone :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

All them fancy cars and fancy men with their fancy seatbelts, confusing the likes of us mere mortals.
    Who do they think they are?! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

http://www.examiner.ie/ireland/do-as-i-say-not-as-i-do-gaybo-caught-wearing-seatbelt-incorrectly-143899.html
    Do as I say, not as I do: Gaybo caught wearing seatbelt incorrectly
    By Dan Buckley
    Tuesday, February 01, 2011
    IRELAND’S high-profile road safety guru, Gay Byrne, has been left red-faced after being filmed wearing his seatbelt incorrectly.

The veteran broadcaster and head of Ireland’s Road Safety Authority appeared to let the safety side down when he joined fellow broadcasting veteran Terry Wogan for an episode of Terry Wogan’s Ireland, a BBC series where Mr Wogan explores how the country shaped him.
    In the episode, screened on Sunday night, Gay and Sir Terry are filmed in the rear of a Mercedes S-class car being driven around Dublin. While both men’s belts appear to be secured, neither is placed across the chest as it should be. Both hang vertically, rather than diagonally, with Gay’s belt in an off-the-shoulder mode which various safety groups have said poses a danger to the passenger and other travellers.
    Responding to news that his appearance had prompted hundreds of comments on online discussion forums, Mr Byrne said he was certain he was wearing his seatbelt.
    "This was filmed months ago and in very cramped conditions. I have a tendency to hold onto the seatbelt — I don’t know why but that is just the way it is… We were in and out of the car several times going from the GPO in Dublin to a hotel in Ballsbridge.
    "I think most people are smart enough to know that this was not a real-life situation."
    Mr Byrne was relaxed about the number of people who had commented on his gaffe. "I have been complained about every day of my working life. My final word is to be sure to wear your seatbelt."
    Asked to comment on the issue the Road Safety Authority issued a stark one-line statement: "The wearing of a seatbelt is the law and it is the advice of the Road Safety Authority that it should be worn at all times when travelling in a vehicle."
    Mr Byrne’s appearance on the BBC documentary is not the first time the wearing of seatbelts has been raised by a TV programme.
    The British animation company Astley Baker Davies were recently forced to re-animate scenes from a popular cartoon series after its lead character, Peppa Pig, was shown not wearing a seatbelt. "We were very naive when we started making Peppa," said company co-founder Mark Baker. "If we could turn the clock back, we would," he said.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

"I think most people are smart enough to know that this was not a real-life situation."
    "Not a real-life situation!", was it all CGI :rolleyes: Gaybo your a hypocrite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Why cant he just say "Yeah, i felt uncomfortable and adjusted it to be able to talk to tezza."
    Apologise and move on.

Instead he says "I wear it like that all the time sure! And i'm gay byrne, i can have you killed!"
    What a numpty. And of course the RSA is going to stand by him.
    When i'm going home later on i'm going to sit upside down in the passenger seat with my seatbelt on and if a cop says anything i will quote him what they said.

Mr. Byrne, sir, you are a muppet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Byrne is an a****le , these days you only hear from him when he is whinging about something. Not that its not a worhy cause and all but if people only hear from you when your saying something negative you just seem preachy and irritating.

Remeber when he used to be fun and cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

What does that mean? Don't most accidents happen with in ten minutes of home? When people think they're safe.

It's ok for Gaybos crowd to accuse every young man in the country of being a terrible and dangerous driver but he won't take safety seriously himself. It makes sense that they would pull the belt out of the way for filming so their suits aren't ruffled on camera but he doesn't appear to have used that excuse instead saying "ah sure we where only going down the road".

It wouldn't work for any average citizen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭JackM_79

"This was filmed months ago and in very cramped conditions."

In the back of an S-Class Mercedes!!!! Just as well i wasn't driving you around in the back of my Fiesta then Gaybo!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭thenutflush

He is extremely Gay

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

He's a bigoted fool and always has been. A great broadcaster, by all means, but that's where any greatness stops.

Advertisement