Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doctor/Medic needed for 2011 RAAM solo racer crew

Options
  • 31-01-2011 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Some of you may know that this year will see Donncha Cuttriss from Cork become the first ever Irish solo racer in the 30 year history of RAAM.

As part of the preparation we're looking for somebody with a medical background who could travel as part of the crew.

If you or anybody you know would be interested you can message me here or email the crew chief Alan heary at alan@racearoundireland.com

Thanks
    Emmet Roche

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭100Suns

Thanks Emmet for the update-good luck with the search.

Great to hear Donnacha is taking it on. His achievement in the RAI last year was all the more impressive considering the injuries he sustained within shouting distance of the start line. Is there a blog or website where we can follow his progress/training/preparation etc.?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,025 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

You probably need someone with psychiatric training also. :pac:

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭emtroche

Lumen wrote: »
    You probably need someone with psychiatric training also. :pac:

Good luck!

I reckon we all need our heads checked for this one alright! Should be an amazing experience though. And a great way to see the country (and some hallucinations!) :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

100Suns wrote: »
    Is there a blog or website where we can follow his progress/training/preparation etc.?

http://donnchacuttrissraam2012.blogspot.com/

No updates in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jeffontour

emtroche wrote: »
    I reckon we all need our heads checked for this one alright!

Had a brief chat with Donncha during and after the Art O'Neill in early January. He's still as stir crazy as ever so will do wonderfully. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement