Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

abu suveran xp beachcaster

Options
  • 31-01-2011 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭

hey lads.with the sport i enjoy which is shore fishing im planning on moving up a step and getting into multipliers

as any of us with angling knowledge know that these rods are discontinued.

but i know a guy in a tackle shop who has one of these rods there on the shelf and hasnt been sold for the duration it has been there.its not that its a bad rod but the shop is a more coarse fishing shop.
    its a 13ft rod,2 piece,casts 6-8 ounces and a great rod for rough work which i intend to use it for.it also can carry out light beach work too

now i know that this has never been used and is in the same condition as when it was first made.

he said hes gonna do me a great deal and give it to me for 100 euro

wat are your opinions on that price

please honest opinions and be great to hear from people who have or had one

thanks alot

brian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭2smokinbarrels

howya pal, have 2 xodus 4-8oz me aul lad has the suveran dont really use them that much except for rough work eg conger rocky areas you know yourself good solid rod but I think they are a bit heavy what kind a rough work you talkin about?
    The grip lok with trigger is good for your multi I would suggest maybe a slosh 30 starting out good allrounder:):):).
    Try stay away from leverwind if you can pal and get yourself a good nail clippers for the birdys nests lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭dbrock

personally i wouldnt recomend a slosh 30 to start learning to cast a multiplier, try a 7ht or if you can stretch to it a 7ht mag, excellent reels and very user friendly,
    there are new reels on the market called akios, really worth a look to, try get someone with some experience to bring you out for your first few casts, it will make a big difference

a mate had the abu suveran for a few years and never complained about it,
    another nice rod to look at is the shakespear salt range, then look at the ian golds range of rods (excellent quailty) pm me if your looking for one of them and ill put you in contact with the guy selling them

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭zziplex

Ill second the ian golds...Far superior than all other rods for that price range. Basically copies of zippys. Have one myself and buying another... possibly 2 more!

Agree about the slosh 30/20...Bad option too fast. If going multi for shore try daiwa 7ht or abu 6500 or similar.

The abu rod for €100 is grand for the money. Not the worst rods in the world.

Advertisement