Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Daytime Schedule

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Duq_

Simon gone AND Richie kicked off Drive?
    My days will never be the same... :-(
    I liked Alison on The last splash but sofar today she's boring the socks off me. More Music!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,556 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

I think Alison has very difficult shoes to fill if she's going to try and emulate the format of Simon's show - he and Roisin had that thing down to a fine art and a well oiled machine.

Claire Beck, from what I heard of her today, sounds enthusiastic and full of energy - I predict the Phantom diehards will rip her apart, for that alone!

I think that when establishing themselves, Claire and Alison have opposite problems : Alison has the setlist credibility already brought up, but may have problems changing her style to fit in with the lunch/afternoon slot which needs to be less intense and quiet than her natural character (my opinion). Claire has bags of enthusiasm and comes across with lots of energy (opposite of Richie!) but will need a very careful setlist to build up any rapport with the long term fans (coming from the station she's coming from will be a massive poison pill against her, no matter what the playlist ends up like).

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Seosaimh77

Looks like they think they are a tv station - from 10 til 7 being hosted by pretty women! Heard the shows today and thought they were good. But then I've always hated Phantom Daily as it was, mainly because of what sounded like fake enthusiasm from Simon (seriously, how can you really be that enthusiastic while asking listeners to send in songs with animals in the title??). And while I liked Richie most of the time, he did annoy me by talking over the start of songs way too much.

I actually felt more sorry for the other Richie and Charlotte having to start at 6am - they really sounded miserable about that today.

Wow - I listen to way too much radio!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

only caught bits of Claire's show, but it sounded good to my ears: little talk, lots of music (although maybe i just caught it when she was having a rest!!). Some nice song choices that you don't often hear on Phantom, even though some wouldn't particularly be bands that I like, it was nice to get a change from some of the poppy crap that is playlisted at Phantom these days.

Alison's show seemed to be someone talking pretty much everytime I listened in, so I'll probably be continuing not listening to Phantom in the afternoon. I'm sure Alison did well, but I don't really listen to Phantom for the talk, so Phantom Daily/Phantom with Alison Curtis doesn't really appeal to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

stopped listening to Drive.

Its the been the same show every day this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 ModeMadFan

Can't listen to Phantom Drive Time anymore. A DJ from Spin??

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Duq_

I don't care if a DJ came from Spin or RTE Lyric but Claire sofar has nothing to say I want to hear.
    Bring back Richie!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Sappy404

BrianDaly wrote: »
    Here's our new weekday daily schedule that kicks off today, January 31st.

It's an early rise for Richie and Charlotte on Pure Morning as the kick of the day at the new time of 6am. We'd also like to welcome Claire Beck and Alison Curtis on board. Here's the schedule in full:

6am Pure Morning with Richie and Charlotte
    10am Finest Worksongs with Michelle Doherty
    2pm Phantom with Alison Curtis
    4pm Phantom Drive with Claire Beck
    7pm Most Wanted (State of Play on Thursdays and Cinerama on Fridays)
    8pm Key Cuts with John Caddell (Powerhouse on Fridays)
    10pm Metal Notes / The Far Side / I-Con/ Spiral Stares / Blitz

Full 7 day schedule is available here

Brian Daly
    Phantom 105.2

Is this no longer up-to-date? Tuned in for Blitz this evening and wasn't impressed that Micko wasn't on! Schedule on the site says Phantom Anthems is on instead and the Blitz page is no longer on the site - has it been moved or is it gone altogether?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,556 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

I think we can assume that since Anthems has been given an extra 2 hours and now runs from 7-11 on Friday and Saturday, the new Powers That Be officially couldn't care less about a) quality, or b) listener's opinions.

Say goodbye to your station, and hope that the DJ's we still love that are there can find new employment elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Seosaimh77

Jaysus - talk about over reaction. Not caring about listener's opinions?? the extra time for anthems (with no ads!) is because a few people (in this forum at least) requested music to get them in the mood for going out on Friday instead of cinerama and Old Rock.

It's kinda ruined Phantom on a Friday for me as I loved Cinerama and Powerhouse were my favourite shows - and Anthems is not my kinda thing as much... but it's hardly ignoring the listeners to do what some of them asked for.

• Advertisement
Advertisement