Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crashed this morning

Options
  • 31-01-2011 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭

Turning from Butt bridge onto the quays I came off. The front wheel washed out completely from under me and there was nothing I could do to save it. I don't know if it was ice or oil but keep an eye open there incase it was oil. I broke the brake lever but otherwise the bike is fine. :)
    My hip and arm have some nice road rash and bruising now. I've been telling everyone who asks that I was attacked by a seal while sailing yesterday and it's surprising how many believe me. :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Turning from Butt bridge onto the quays I came off. The front wheel washed out completely from under me and there was nothing I could do to save it. I don't know if it was ice or oil but keep an eye open there incase it was oil. I broke the brake lever but otherwise the bike is fine. :)
    My hip and arm have some nice road rash and bruising now. I've been telling everyone who asks that I was attacked by a seal while sailing yesterday and it's surprising how many believe me. :eek:

Tell them it was caused by a rough sexual encounter. Glad you're alright though.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭get on your bike

Sorry for ur hardship but it made me laugh out load re ur seal comment

• Registered Users Posts: 9,141 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Tell them it was caused by a rough sexual encounter. Glad you're alright though.
    Why else do you think the seal attacked? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭poochiem

bit of ice on the roads this morning, canal is frozen in parts too. be careful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

My hip and arm have some nice road rash and bruising now........

Pictures or GTFO!!!

Seriously - glad you're substantially in one piece - the seal story is a nice touch:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,378 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I've been telling everyone who asks that I was attacked by a seal while sailing yesterday and it's surprising how many believe me. :eek:
    The boy who cried seal.

I had a slip too, luckily didn't come off but the back wheel went way out to one side, the ground looked pretty OK but was icy when I tested it.

Advertisement